Ruby Stone Properties
Publised on Oct 10,2013
WHAT IS RUBY STONE ?
Ruby is considered to be the rarest and most powerful gem in the universe. As mentioned in various mythological scriptures, this is the most precious of the 12 stones created by God while creating life. Widely known as Ratnaraj Ratnanayaka, Padmaraga (in Sanskrit language), and this expensive stone holds a very special place in the science of astrology.
The Ruby is best described as the "king of precious stones". In order to gain maximum benefits out of Ruby Stone, the wearer must ascertain its suitability from the Gems Experts. Ruby Gemstone is known to provide the best results when worn in the ring finger of right hand, on a Sunday morning. Moreover, when it is worn with a talisman set of gold, it generates marvelous affect. For better results the ruby gemstone should be lustrous, transparent and uniform in color. In a nutshell, the precious stone should be appealing to the eye and free from any defects.
|Colors||Red, brownish, purplish or pinkish|
|Origin||Myanmar, Thailand, Kenya, Tanzania|
|Metal to wear with||Gold, Copper|
|Day to Wear||Sunday on ring finger of right hand|
Detailed Properties of Ruby Stone:
- Ruby Stone is known for its clarity and durability having a rating of 9.0 on the Moh’s scale of mineral hardness and specific gravity index is 4.0.
- The eye-catching color of the precious stone is due to the presence of impurities in the form of trace elements chromium or iron within the crystal structure of the gemstone. Ruby, the King of Red Gemstones is well known for enhancing self confidence, willpower, health and prosperity.
- The mining process of Ruby Gemstone takes place in numerous areas across the globe, like Myanmar, Kenya, Thailand, Tanzania, Madagascar, Vietnam, Nepal, Tajikistan, Pakistan and many more. Mogok (in Myanmar) is known as the birthplace of Rubies, a premier source of ruby for more than 800 years.
- Myanmar (earlier Burma) is considered to be the leading producer of the precious stone. Rubies have been found in a number of different areas of Myanmar. These include Sagyin (near Mandalay), Thabeitkyin, Naniazeik (near Myitkyina), Mogok and, most recently, Mong Hsu (central Shan state). However, Thailand and Myanmar holds the title for producing the optimum quality Rubies.
- The blood red color of the precious stone leaves the viewers spellbound. In order to improve the color and decrease the roughness of the original stone, Ruby is treated with the application of heat. For around 20 to 30 minutes these stones are heated over charcoal on temperature varying between 1300°C to 1800 °C.
- The process of filling the fractures inside the ruby with lead glass has emerged as one of the most frequently used measures for treatment. This improves the transparency of the gemstone, making it perfect to be embedded in a wide range of jewelry. After the heat treatment, these Rubies are polished by experienced and expert gemologists to provide these with perfect finish.
Pelase visit here : http://www.gempundit.com/gemstones/ruby