Morganite is a natural, pink coloured, semi-precious gemstone from the Beryl mineral family which is found in different shades of rosy pink, peach and purple. Due to its delicate hues and subtle shine, it is often used as an exciting alternative to the precious pink diamonds and sapphires. Morganite is regarded as the stone of love, compassion and promise, hence, it has emerged out as a popular choice for jewellery and wedding rings.
Who Should Wear Morganite Gemstone?
Named in the honour of the American banker, gem enthusiast and philanthropist ‘J.P Morgan’, Morganite gemstone is also addressed as ‘Pink Beryl’, ‘Rose Beryl’ or ‘Pink Emerald’ (a misnomer because it belongs to the same family) in the gem trade. It is quite a versatile gemstone that can accommodate well with different fashion choices.
Generally, the rosy pink Morganite gems are preferred by the women, however, men feel more inclined towards the salmon or peach Morganites. The delicate hue of this gemstone is backed by its excellent hardness (Kunzite hardness is 7.5 to 8 on the Mohs Scale) making it a perfect gem to use in jewellery.
Although it’s not a traditional birthstone, Morganite is considered lucky for those born under Pisces zodiac sign.
According to the gem therapies, one can wear Morganite to overcome problems related to the ‘Heart Chakra’. Its positive energies help the wearer by lifting up their mood and radiating a feeling of relaxation. It is said that a natural Morganite can be a wonderful gift for people who are going through an emotionally tough phase in their life. Physically, Morganite is thought to be a great cure for eye disease.
The beautiful pastel hues of Morganite often trigger the interest of the jewellery designers and collectors worldwide. It blends beautifully with different metal choices and is therefore regarded as an excellent choice for making jewellery especially the engagement and wedding rings.
Besides its irresistible physical appeal, Morganite healing properties and its metaphysical attributes are equally admired. This gemstone is said to have soothing pink energy that bestows love, fertility and tenderness. Its energies help to purify the soul and stimulate the feeling of relaxation and emotional well-being.
Will Morganite suit me? Should I wear a Morganite gemstone?
Find out whether Morganite stone is right for you, using our Free Gemstone Recommendation Tool or Take an In-depth Phone Consultation with our Astrologers to find the right gemstone for you.
Enhances Love & Positivity
– Morganite is worn as a calming gemstone that helps to usher away the negative thoughts, anger and fear. It is said that wearing Morganite benefits the person by inspiring them to develop a deeper love connection and honest friendship.
Cures Emotional & Mental Stress
– According to the gem therapists and healers, Morganite strengthens one’s emotional quotient and creates a sense of tranquillity. It is an effective gemstone for those who are dealing with a stressful relationship, emotional traumas and any psychological issue.
Improves Respiration & Heart Health
– Medical astrology connects Morganite gemstone with the Heart Chakra and find this gemstone an effective remedy to cure various respiratory and heart-related diseases. In addition, the healing energies of Morganite power the ability to focus and also aid the meditation activities.
Choosing a Morganite is always a matter of preference. Some people say that the pure pink Morganite stones are the rarest and the best quality Morganite whereas others do gravitate towards the deep pink and the peach Morganite. The ongoing fashion trend also influences the selection of Morganite as it is primarily a jewelry gemstone. Above all this, it is better to select a Morganite color that appeals to your eye, coupled with excellent clarity and cut so that the gem’s natural beauty emerges out in the best way.
– Brazil, Madagascar, Nigeria, Namibia, Pakistan, Mozambique, Afghanistan and the United States are some of the important Morganite mining locations. Traditionally, the Madagascar Morganite and Nigerian Morganite are considered most desirable because of their highly saturated and rosy pink colour. However, the Brazilian Morganite gems are more towards the peachy pink shade and are regarded as the next most popular choice.
– Morganite occurs in different shades ranging from the pure pink to the subtle lavender, peachy pink, bright fuchsias and violet pink. The bright pink Morganite stones are increasingly rare and are highly desired by the collectors and jewellery houses. However, with the rising trend of peach, the pink Morganites with a tinge of peach have started gaining popularity in the gemstone industry.
Morganite Color Chart
– Morganites are majorly used for jewellery, therefore, the eye clean pieces are highly preferred. In the market, one can comfortably find highly lustrous clear Morganite gemstones with minimum visible flaws. Therefore, any compromise on the Morganite clarity front is hardly required.
– The cutting style picked by the gem cutter depends majorly upon the quality of the raw Morganite stone. The best quality Morganite rough stones are mostly cut in standard shapes like round, oval, pear and cushion along with some fascinating cuts like heart, trillion etc. The lovely Morganite cabochons (non-faceted, polished) are often formed using the less transparent rough stone.
Emerald cut Morganite
Cushion cut Morganite
Pear shaped Morganite
Loose Morganite Gemstones – Popular shapes
Buy Morganite Stone Online at Best Price from GemPundit
We provide the lab certified, loose Morganite stones for sale along with a FREE lab certificate.
Morganite Price Guide
Morganite value is primarily determined by examining its color, clarity, cut and carat weight. The growing demand of Morganite gem in the international jewellery industry has created a significant rise in its overall market value.
Note – Morganite price per carat in India varies from Rs……………… per carat ($............ approx.) and can reach up to Rs…………. per carat ($............ approx.) depending upon the quality and size. Morganite price in other countries like the USA, UAE and UK may differ due to the variation in the supply and demand cycle.
Buyer Beware: Gemstone Weights in India are often expressed in Ratti (Morganite cost per ratti). This system can be used to dupe customers who are not knowledgeable on how the conversion works. Read our guide to Understanding Gemstone Weights: Carats vs Ratti, and Don’t Get Fooled by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carats!
Do you want an Morganite Rings? - Click here to check prices!
– Regardless of the origin, Morganite stone price is increasing in the market because of its increasing popularity in the jewellery segment. Generally, the vivid pink Madagascan and Nigerian Morganite draw a higher value because of their unique colour tone and immense rarity in the market. In contrast, the peach pink Morganites from Brazil are relatively more affordable and easier to find.
– In today’s market, the most highly valued Morganite tends to have a medium pink tone. Morganite stone value usually increases for the subtle Pink Morganite gemstone with a tinge of peach. A drop in the Morganite value per carat can be noted for the pale or extremely light pink Morganites (with nearly washed out color) or the excessively dark pieces which are often suspected of being treated.
– The market rule says that ‘the more transparent, the more value will be the Morganite. An eye-clean Morganite stone is not rare but more in demand, therefore draws the highest value. The presence of visible inclusions or blemishes often create a negative impact on the Morganite stone price.
– The cutting style of the Morganite gem also enhances its beauty and value. A poorly faceted Morganite not just loses its color and clarity but also fail to draw a good value in the market. These days, Morganite loose stone can be found in nearly every fascinating shape and cut like cushion, rectangular, round, oval, heart etc. Since more labour and rough wastage is involved in the cutting of fancy gems, they are slightly more precious than the Morganite in regular shapes like round and oval.
– As Morganite crystals are easily available in large size, no exponential rise in the Morganite value per carat is noted for big size specimens. Paradoxically, one can find small size Morganites more precious, especially, if they have super fine color and clarity. It is because Morganite colour intensity often decreases if the size is small.
Buy Morganite Online from GemPundit!
We provide original, lab-certified Morganite stone for sale in India. UK, USA, Toronto, Ireland, Australia, Canada, Singapore, UAE (nearly 100+ countries).
Morganite is a fascinating pink coloured member from a very important mineral family - ‘Beryl’ that it shares along with two very popular gemstones ‘Emerald’ and ‘Aquamarine’. Due to its breath-taking hues, brilliant shine, affordable price and easy availability in a bigger size, Morganite is regarded as a perfect stone to be studded in cocktail rings, brooches, pendants and the other forms of luxury jewellery.
If you have decided to buy loose Morganite gemstones for yourself, we can help you in making the right choice. We have a superb collection of loose Morganite gemstones for sale at the most reasonable price. For more details, please get in touch with our expert consultant .
Shopping Morganite online may appear like a difficult task but it can be a memorable one when you are dealing with the right retailer or gem store. While purchasing your gemstone from a trustable supplier or wholesaler, you can find a real Morganite that fits your budget as well as your personal preferences.
Remember that always deal with a gem seller that provide an authentic gem certificate especially when you are buying a natural gemstone. Regardless whether you choose a Morganite or a super expensive diamond, getting a certificate of authenticity is always priceless.
Now, if you are ready to dive into the beautiful world of gemstones but wonder where to buy from, remember us!