Chrome diopside is a chromium-rich, green colored gem variety of the Diopside mineral. It is known for its internal clarity and intense glow which is rarely found in green gems. Despite its unmatchable beauty, this gemstone is quite affordable which makes it an easy jewelry piece to own.
Who Should Wear Chrome Diopside Gemstone?
Chrome diopside is a natural green colored jewelry gemstone. It is believed that Chrome diopside has some warm healing energies that offer numerous health benefits to the wearer.
Chrome diopside jewellery is for all seasons. It reflects vibrant green hues that are truly breath-taking. Even some well-known jewelry brands such as Enzo and Sino Jewels have been promoting this unique gemstone for jewelry since 2013.
Chrome diopside is relatively a delicate gemstone. Therefore, it is considered more appropriate for pendants, pins, brooches and earrings. However, if Chrome diopside ring is your first preference, a protective ring design is good to go.
Crystal healing therapies connect the natural Chrome diopside stone with the Forth Chakra, also called the ‘Heart Chakra’. It is believed that Chrome diopside metaphysical and healing properties promote emotional healing. Being from the earth, untreated and natural, it is also known for improving blood circulation, eye-sight or any heart problems, when worn around the neck.
Click here to know if Chrome diopside is the right gemstone for you?
Chrome diopside mineral comes in different quality grades. It is always better to have a basic knowledge about the important quality parameters to ensure a good purchase.
– According to the gemmologist, the finest Chrome diopside rough comes from the mining locations in the Republic of Sakha in Siberia, Russia. It also comes from the mines of Pakistan, Italy, Finland, Afghanistan, Madagascar, Myanmar (Burma), India and Tanzania etc.
– The chromium rich Chrome diopside comes in numerous shades ranging from medium dark vivid green to bluish green and yellowish green. Generally, the medium deep green Chrome diopside is considered more valuable. The nice yellowish green diopside called (also called Tashmarine diopside) is also in demand because of its light and bright shade.
– The natural Chrome diopside stones are generally transparent to translucent with some internal features like black needle-like inclusions, liquid inclusions and metallic crystals etc. The opaque material is not of gem quality. But, some opaque material containing minute needle like inclusions are considered valuable because they display a unique cats eye effect and are traded as ‘Chrome diopside cat’s eye’. Normally, Chrome diopside with high clarity and good transparency are often considered superior than the included ones.
– Chrome diopside raw appears little dull but displays a vitreous luster when skilfully cut and polished. Considering its limited supply and moderate hardness, this gemstone is often faceted in emerald, oval, cushion and round cut that reduce the chance of damage and cause minimum wastage in the cutting process. Fancy faceted shapes like hearts, pears and trillions are also found but they are comparatively rare and valuable.
Buy Chrome diopside loose stones at best prices from GemPundit
GemPundit has a huge inventory of high quality natural Black Tourmaline for sale at best prices.
Chrome diopside is less popular in comparison of other green gems. This could the reason behind its affordable prices despite being an exceptionally beautiful natural green gemstone. However, considering the increasing demand of faceted Chrome diopside by jewelry brands, many industry professionals feel that jewellers are stockpiling goods for the right moment. So, it can be predicted that Chrome diopside prices may experience a big jump in the near future.
Note – Currently, Chrome diopside value per carat in India ranges between Rs 1,000 per carat (15 $approx.) to Rs 5,000 per carat ($75 approx.) and plus. The prices in other countries like USA, UK, UAE may vary significantly depending upon the supply/demand cycle.
Buyer Beware: Gemstone Weights in India are often expressed in Ratti (e.g. – Chrome diopside price per ratti). This system can be used to dupe customers who are not knowledgeable on how the conversion works. Read our guide to Understanding Gemstone Weights: Carats vs Ratti, and Don’t Get Fooled by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carats!
- Siberian Chrome diopside or Russian Chrome diopside value remains the highest due to its fine color and clarity. The increase in Russian taxation on raw Chrome diopside and its limited production due to extremely cold climatic conditions in Siberia (Russia) are also the reasons behind the increase in Russian Chrome diopside price per carat.
Chrome diopside gemstone price largely depends upon on the richness of color and its overall saturation. The uniform, vivid green Chrome diopside value is usually higher than gems bluish or brownish tones.
– In the market, Chrome diopside are frequently found in good clarity and high transparency. Considering its affordability and good availability, there is no reason to buy Chrome diopside which is at least eye-clean.
To retain maximum weight and minimise damage, Chrome diopside are cut commercially into shapes with round corners such as oval, round and sometimes pear and are sold at affordable prices. In contrast, the highly customised brilliant cuts with sharp corners may command a higher cost. Like most of the gemstones, Chrome diopside cabochons (polished, non-faceted gems) serve as a highly affordable option.
- Chrome diopside rough in bigger size is rarely found in nature. If found, they are either extremely dark in color or highly included with flaws. So, the Chrome diopside price per carat for premium quality gems increases exponentially for stones above few carats.
Shop for certified Chrome diopside gemstone online from GemPundit
We provide Chrome diopside for sale in India. UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Singapore, UAE (nearly 100+ countries).
Chrome diopside is a nature, semi-precious gemstone that bears a fiery green hue with a subtle sparkle. Diopsides comes from many locations but the top-quality Chrome diopside is found in Siberia. In Siberia, the climate is usually too cold to mine during the winters that challenges to keeps the production level even throughout the year.
Chrome diopside meaning is derived from a Greek word for ‘double appearance’. Gemmologist may have chosen this name to justify the unique prism-like orientation of Chrome diopside crystal. The hardness of Chrome diopside on the Mohs scale is rate near 5.5 and is considered suitable gemstone for jewelry. It is best to cut Chrome diopside in round shapes like oval, round or pear but can be found in customised shapes as well. Chrome diopside is often addressed as ‘Siberian emerald’ due to its chromium rich green hue.
At GemPundit, we provide fine quality, lab certified, loose Chrome diopside online in different shapes and cuts at reasonable prices. We are always ready to serve our customers with exactly the gems they need. You can share your requirement with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or can speak to our Gem experts.
Yes! Chrome diopside is considered as a rare and valuable amongst all diopside. It is an all-natural, untreated gemstone that completely lacks heating, oiling, radiation or any other treatment. Simulated or lab created Chrome diopside are yet not known in the market. It can be regarded as one of the purest semi-precious gemstone available. Its finest variety is sourced from the bone-chilling locations of Siberia. Therefore, owing a good quality Chrome diopside will always be a matter of pride and offers great rewards to the wearer in the form of compliments and praise.
Chrome diopside price varies according to the origin, color, clarity, cut, shape and the specific size. The supply and demand also influence the value of Chrome diopside in the international market. The deep green Chrome diopside with good clarity, vitreous luster, symmetrical shape is considered valuable and best for purchase. Read our notes on Chrome diopside value to get a better idea about its worth.