Heliodor is a natural, semi-precious gemstone from the Beryl family which is a stunning golden-green or yellow-green in colour. Vedic astrology recommends Heliodor stone to be worn as the astrological substitute of Yellow Sapphire (Pukhraj) to gain higher knowledge, financial prosperity, nobility, and leadership qualities.
Who Should Wear Heliodor Gemstone?
The name Heliodor is derived from two Greek terms – ‘Helios’ and ‘Doron’ which are roughly translated as the ‘Gift from the Sun’. Because of its yellow hue, Indian astrology connects Heliodor gem with the planet Jupiter and recommends it as the substitute of Yellow Sapphire (Pukhraj). This warm coloured gemstone is also known to have strong healing properties that strengthen the wearer’s immune system and promotes their overall physical & mental well-being.
Vedic astrology recommends Heliodor gemstone for Dhanu (Sagittarius) and Meena (Pisces) Rashi.
In western astrology, Heliodor is believed to be the birthstone for Leo and Gemini.
Considering its high durability, easy availability and glowing yellow hue, Heliodor is also coveted as a wonderful gemstone for all types of jewelry.
Natural Heliodor is regarded as one of the best alternatives of Yellow Sapphire as a Jupiter gemstone. People wear this gemstone to bring good luck, financial prosperity, and stability in their matrimonial life. Heliodor healing properties help the wearer to get relief from existing illness and protection against other diseases and infections.
Will Heliodor suit me? Should I wear a Heliodor gemstone?
Find out whether Heliodor stone is right for you, using our Free Gemstone Recommendation Tool or Take an In-depth Phone Consultation with our Astrologers to find the right gemstone for you.
Bestows Higher Learning & Divine Wisdom
– According to the astrologers, the warm energies of the Heliodor stone, benefit the wearer in gaining higher knowledge, the power of intuition and strong decision-making ability. Thus, individuals associated with judicial services, academics, trading or any other profession where strong mental skills are required, can derive maximum benefits of wearing a Heliodor stone.
Improves Financial Situations
– Jupiter is regarded as the planet of prosperity, wealth and abundance. Thus, wearing its gemstone - Heliodor benefits people to gain better income opportunities and financial stability in life.
Cures Delay in Marriage
– As per the astrologers, Heliodor gemstone is an effective remedy for those facing a delay in marriage or undergoing a marital conflict. Heliodor metaphysical properties also benefit couples who are facing troubles in conceiving a progeny
Promotes Physical & Mental Wellbeing
– In medical astrology, the healing properties of Heliodor gemstone are considered effective in curing a variety of physical and psychological problems such as depression, stress, allergy, jaundice, tuberculosis, infertility etc. Its positive energies also help the wearer to meditate and refine their spiritual aura.
The color (depth, tone, and consistency), clarity (level of transparency and inclusions) and cut (style & proportion) define the beauty and quality of a Heliodor gemstone. Let’s discuss them one by one so that you can find the best quality Heliodor gemstone.
– Most of the natural Heliodor crystals are accented with a crisp yellow colour with slight greener tinge which is quite relished. Therefore, a natural Heliodor with a good balance of yellow and green is considered most desirable by the businesspeople. In contrast, the presence of brownish tinge often deteriorates the quality of a natural Heliodor beryl crystal.
– Clarity in Heliodor mineral is broadly judged by the brightness and volume of inclusions found inside the crystal. It is categorised as a Type I clarity gemstone and is expected to be nearly eye-clean. The best-quality Heliodor gem is usually transparent and inclusion-free whereas the average quality pieces may contain few inclusions visible from the unaided eyes. Tubes, liquid crystal, rutile needles and planes of small two-phase inclusions etc are some common types of inclusions that can be found in a Heliodor crystal.
– When cut precisely, Heliodor stone glows like a tiny light bulb. So, to bring the best colour and brilliance, gem cutters style raw Heliodor into beautiful faceted gems (in oval, round, cushion cut etc) and cabochons (polished, non-faceted gems). As far as cutting style is concerned, what appeals to the eye is, of course, the best choice.
– Brazil, Madagascar, Russia, Ukraine, and Namibia are some important mining location that resource gem-quality Heliodor rough. Amongst all these origins, Heliodor from Ukraine is considered to be the finest quality ever found.
Buy Heliodor Garnet Online at Best Price from GemPundit
We provide the best quality Heliodor stones for sale along with a FREE lab certificate.
Heliodor Stone Price
Colour, clarity, cut and carat weight are the four major factors that influence a Heliodor gemstone price in the market. At GemPundit, we have showcased the finest collection of crisp yellow Heliodor for sale at the most budget-friendly prices. Each gem in our inventory is graded and priced carefully by our gem experts on all quality parameters.
Note– Currently, Heliodor price per carat in India starts from Rs 3,500 per carat ($55) and can reach up to Rs 6,000 per carat ($100) and above. The price of Heliodor beryl in the other countries like the UK, USA and UAE may vary depending upon the demand and supply.
Buyer Beware: Gemstone Weight in India is often expressed in Ratti (Heliodor price per ratti). This system can be used to dupe customers who are not knowledgeable about how the conversion works. Read our guide to Understanding Gemstone Weights: Carat vs Ratti, and Don't Get Fooled by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carat!
– Colour bears the most profound impact on Heliodor value in the market. But surprisingly, instead of the primary color (yellow), the secondary color tone creates a bigger difference in the Heliodor’s price. Usually, if the secondary colour is green, Heliodor price increases, while brownish tinge can drag the value down.
– For the reputation of a Beryl, Heliodor gemstones are quite transparent and inclusion-free. The price of Heliodor gemstone with optimum clarity, brilliant lustre, and minimum visible inclusions remains at the highest. On the other hand, the increase in inclusions often reduces the value of Heliodor considerably.
– In the market, one can find Heliodor in a variety of shapes and cuts. Highly customised Heliodor gems in rectangular, cushion or emerald cut lead to more wastage of raw Heliodor during cutting, hence they cost a slightly higher premium. For a budget-friendly option, one can look for oval and round shape gems which are easily available and are relatively cheaper.
– Heliodor raw stones are found in the bigger sizes. However, it is difficult to find a big size crystal with consistent clarity and uniformly distributed colour. Thus, for superior quality pieces, increase in carat weight creates a considerable hike in price per carat.
Shop for Heliodor Gemstone Online from GemPundit!
We provide original, lab-certified Heliodor crystals for sale in India. UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Singapore, UAE (nearly 100+ countries).
Heliodor is a yellow coloured Beryl gemstone distinguished by its distinct greenish yellow colour tone. In India, this gemstone is recognised as the astrological substitute of Jupiter gem – ‘Yellow Sapphire or Pukhraj. In western culture, this glowing yellow gemstone is used as a healing crystal.
Considering its affordable prices, intense appeal and high durability (Heliodor hardness – 7.5 to 8 on the Mohs hardness scale), many jewelry designers have started using this gemstone in their exclusive jewelry collections. So, even if you are not inclined towards the astrological benefits of wearing Heliodor, this gemstone is beautiful and scratch-resistant enough to become a part of your jewelry collection.
A natural Heliodor gemstone is often regarded as the superior alternative of the Yellow Sapphire. One can wear a good quality, untreated Heliodor gemstone set in a gold or silver ring, pendant or bracelet to gain its astrological benefits. However, it is equally important to follow the right Vedic procedure for wearing Heliodor which is same as of Yellow Sapphire. You can read our blog entry on ‘How to wear Yellow Sapphire’ to learn about the details.
To buy natural Heliodor online, please get in touch with our Gem Specialist team. They will assist you in finding a suitable Heliodor gemstone within your budget!