Different types of Ruby Stone
Publised on Dec 19, 2013
The following blog informs you about rubies and their varieties. It also informs about the famous rubies all over the world and the benefits of using ruby stone.
Ruby is one of the most valuable gemstones. It belongs to the family of the mineral corundum (aluminium oxide). Its color varies from pink to blood-red. It gets this color due to the presence of chromium in it. It is one of the precious gemstones and so it is one of the most valuable gemstones found today.
The prices of rubies are mainly determined by their color. The most valuable one is that ruby whose color is bright red. There are many astrological benefits which are related to this gemstone. It is said that the one who possesses a ruby gemstone gets peace of a lifetime and will always live in harmony with others.
It is also said that their house will be saved from damage all the time. Rubies are also a remedy for hemorrhage and inflammatory diseases. There are many types of Ruby stone. Depending on the place where they are found, the rubies are named. The most famous ones are:
1. Indian Ruby: India has a long history of ruby appreciation. Prior to 20th century, Rubies were considered to be more valuable than even diamonds. Indian Rubies are mainly found in Orissa and Mysore. They have original cuts and color of rubies.
2. New Burmese: The rubies found in Myanmar are one of the finest quality rubies and are one of the most sought after gemstones. There a number of mines where the dark- brownish red rubies are found. Many mines also produce pigeon’s blood colored rubies. The vibrant colored rubies are also found in Burma.
3. Old Burmese: These stones are most flawless and they are worth millions of dollars. They have a few marks or blemishes, which help in recognizing that the rubies are from Burma.
4. Thailand Ruby: These rubies are also high quality rubies and they are very dark in color. This dark color is due to the presence of iron along with chromium. They are also said to have traces of brown color in them.
5. Tanzanian Ruby: These rubies are mostly very clean and less flawed. The color is dark when compared with other rubies. The color of these rubies tends to lighten with reduction in size. They are affordable when compared with other rubies.
6. Madagascar Ruby: The discovery of this type of ruby is very recent. These rubies have natural orange/red and pinkish color. They do not require heating.
Rubies are said to bring serenity and they provide protection against injury. It is said to be ‘lord of gems’ and it is also mentioned in the Bible. You can buy rubies from online stores that sell all varieties of ruby at prices ranging from a few hundreds to lakhs. They sell finest quality rubies of all regions on earth.
Please visit : http://www.gempundit.com/gemstones/ruby