Yellow Sapphire ( Pukhraj Stone) Properties
Published on Sep 27, 2013
|Other Names||Pukhraj, Pushkaraj, Push Raja, Peetmani|
|Ruling Planet||Jupiter (Brihaspati)|
|Signs Ruled||Sagittarius, Pisces|
|Day & Time to Wear||Thursday Morning of Shukla Paksha|
|Metal to Wear in||Gold (or alternatively, Panchdhatu)|
|Colors||green, purple, corundum blue, yellow and orange|
|Origin||India, Kashmir, Afghanistan, USA, Madagascar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka|
Detailed Properties of Yellow Sapphire ( Pukhraj ) :
- Sapphire is the second hardest material after diamonds. It is having a rating of 9 on Moh’s scale. Magnificent, eye-catching and desired by all, these are extracted from alluvial deposits and igneous rocks.
- Found in a variety of alluring colours like green, purple, corundum blue, yellow and orange, the beauty of a Sapphire casts spell over onlookers. Every Sapphire has its own different specialities, properties and qualities which affect the wearer in a unique way.
- Yellow Sapphire Stone gets its exquisite beauty from an amalgam of Aluminium oxide with a hint of iron. The amount of Iron defines the intensity of its colour. The yellowish tint of Sapphire darkens with the increase of amount of iron present in it.
- The mining process of Yellow Sapphire takes place in numerous areas round the world, like India, Afghanistan, USA, Madagascar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nigeria, Tanzania and many more. Madagascar holds the title of leading producer of Sapphires. Moreover, the Sapphires found in India, mainly in Kashmir are the rarest and costliest of all. The Yellow Sapphire Stones are usually found in the sediments as being the second hardest material they don’t wear out.
- As these Yellow Sapphires are found in dull and crude form, these are required to be processed to get exact finishing and shine. To bring out the perfection out of Yellow Sapphire Stones, these are heated in Nitrogen deficient ambience for a week or on high temperatures varying from 500 °C to 1800 °C in furnace for hours. After the heat treatment, these Sapphires are chiselled by skilled gemmologists to provide these with perfect sheen and lustre.
Browse Yellow Sapphire or Pukhraj