Red Coral Stone Properties
Publised on Oct 10, 2013
Red coral is associated with Mars (Mangal), the fourth planet of the universe. Also known as Moonga, the gemstone helps in minimizing the negative effects of the planet. The blood-red colored coral stone is in huge demand for its astonishing impact on the wearer. The change can be realized in all spheres of life.
|Ruling Planet (Vedic Astrology)||Mars|
|Signs Ruled||Aries, Scorpio|
|Metal to Wear in||Gold or Silver|
|Origin||India, Italy, Japan, France|
Detailed Properties of Red Coral Stone :
Red Coral or the Moonga Stone is associated with the planet Mars. Red Coral is very beautiful and rare creation of Mother Nature for human beings.
- The gemstone has a rating of 3.5 on the Moh’s scale of mineral hardness and specific gravity index is 2.65.
- Coral is found in a variety of colors; however the blood red color of the Red Coral is in huge demand all around the world.
- Apart from the usage of coral in making all forms of jewelry, it is also designed into beads and used for carving figures, statues etc.
- The originality of the Red Coral can be determined by placing it in cow's milk. If the milk turns into pink or reddish, be assured that the coral is natural. [Click To Know Red Coral Astrological Benefits ]
- A special magical effect of the stone is that it works as an indicator for forthcoming misfortune. The color changes if the wearer is about to suffer from illness in future.
How are they formed?
Red Coral is an organic gemstone. It is a very unique stone in its own way of origin. The gemstone is formed from skeleton of polyps, plant-like animals. The organism keeps growing naturally into colonies under the sea bed. The gemstone resembles an underwater colorful plant. Coral is basically a form of calcium carbonate.
Where they are found?
Red Coral Stone is found in many parts of the world including countries like Japan, France, India, Italy, Australia, Japan, U.S.A, China and so on. Barrier Reef of Queensland, Australia is the leading producer of the stone. However, Sardinia and Tunisia are known for producing the optimum quality corals.
Please visit here: http://www.gempundit.com/gemstones/red-coral