London blue topaz is a highly sought-after, deep blue color variety of the Topaz gemstone which is recognised by its intense color, good clarity and brilliant luster. This elegant blue gemstone is worn as the traditional December birthstone to bring happiness and peace in life. It can rival even the finest quality blue gemstones with its high-end beauty, great durability and reasonable prices.
Who Should Wear London Blue Topaz?
Out of different colored gemstones, blue gems are undoubtedly amongst the most popular and favorite ones. The deeper, the better. London blue topaz is a wonderful gemstone for all those people who desire to have a deep blue color gemstone jewelry in their collection. Its unmatchable beauty, brilliant luster, good durability and reasonable prices make London blue topaz gemstones a budget -choice for all.
Western astrology recommends London blue topaz as December birthstone. It is believed that wearing a London blue topaz birthstone brings prosperity, health, good luck and peace for the wearer.
Due to its sophisticated look, good durability and reasonable prices, London blue topaz is becoming an increasingly popular jewelry gemstone. This impressive blue stone can add an element of uniqueness and charm to the engagement rings and wedding bands of the modern brides and grooms.
London blue topaz is also regarded as the 4th and 19th Anniversary gemstone. It can be a lovely anniversary gift of your partner that will beautifully express the love and emotional attachment between two of you.
London blue topaz can also be worn for its numerous healing benefits. To name a few, London blue topaz healing properties help in reduction of stress, stomach related issues, hair fall, joint pain etc.
To make your shopping easy, we have enlisted a few important quality factors to keep in mind when purchasing London blue topaz gem online or from a local dealer. A basic idea about the London blue topaz color, clarity, cut and origin will assure you of a good purchase.
– London blue topaz color is the most significant quality-defining factor. This gemstone is recognised by its medium deep blue to inky dark blue color. Sometimes, it also comes in a greenish or greyish tone. The intense deep blue London topaz is regarded as the most sought-after variety, according to the Gem experts.
– The best London blue topaz loose stones have ‘eye clean clarity’. Any notable inclusions such as 2 phase inclusions, mineral impurity, surface scratch or blemishes can reduce the natural London blue topaz pricing up to a good extend.
– Considering the London blue topaz hardness (8 on the Mohs scale) and affordable prices, there is no limit to the cuts and shapes of London blue topaz. This gemstone can be found in a variety of fancy shapes including emerald cut London blue topaz, cushion cut London blue topaz, trillion cut London blue topaz and rectangular London blue topaz etc.
– Brazil is the major producer of gem quality blue topaz which is often irradiated to gain the intense London blue color. Russia, Japan, India, Sri Lanka, United States, Australia, Mexico and South Africa are the other important mining location. Out of all these origins, Brazilian London blue topaz is known for its exceptional color, consistent clarity and big size.
Buy London blue topaz stone at best prices from GemPundit
London blue topaz is an astonishingly beautiful gemstone, priced at affordable bands. These gemstones are great to add glamor and are extremely light to pocket. The price of London blue topaz per carats begins at Rs 600 per carat ($10 approx.) and reaches upto Rs 2,000 per carat ($30 approx.) and above. Its quality is the key when assessing the London blue topaz stone value.
Buyer Beware: Gemstone Weights in India are often expressed in Ratti (e.g. – London blue topaz price per ratti). This system can be used to dupe customers who are not knowledgeable on how the conversion works. Read our guide to Understanding Gemstone Weights: Carats vs Ratti, and Don’t Get Fooled by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carats!
– Due to its intense deep blue and pleasing greenish blue tone, London blue topaz prices are usually higher than Sky blue topaz and Swiss blue topaz. However, the excessively dark blue London topaz stones with a deep greyish tone are relatively cheaper.
– Good Transparency and minimum inclusions add value and signify high durability of the gemstone. London blue topaz stone value is usually higher for eye clean pieces with no internal features like 2-phase inclusions and mineral impurities.
– Due to the decent availability of London blue topaz rough, this gemstone is often cut to maximise its fire and brilliance. The loose London blue topaz faceted stones are easily found in fancy shapes like oval, round, pear and heart etc. Like other gemstones, the prices of London blue topaz cabochons are relatively less than the faceted stones.
– According to the experts, London blue topaz price per carat is currently stable and doesn’t increase significantly with size. However, the exclusively bigger pieces in a unique shape and delightful color may demand a higher premium for their rarity.
Shop for certified London blue topaz online from GemPundit
We provide London blue topaz for sale in India, Australia, UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Singapore, UAE (nearly 100+ countries).
London blue topaz is considered as the most valuable and highly sought-after color variety of blue topaz gemstone. Its color ranges from medium deep and intense dark blue with some greenish or greyish secondary tones. It is an outstanding jewelry gemstone that looks good in every jewelry setting. According to the gem experts, London blue topaz is formed by the irradiation of natural white topaz and light blue topaz to obtain the intense inky blue color (London blue). The beauty of the color in London blue topaz depends on the intensity of radiation applied to the gemstones. This practice is quite common and widely acceptable.
The identification of a fine quality London blue topaz requires an expert guidance. However, even if the person has the basic knowledge about the essential quality factors, he/she can easily differentiate between the good quality and a lower quality gemstone. To get a better understanding of our quality factors, please read our detailed notes on London blue topaz – Quality.
Generally, we recommend people to look for AAA quality natural London blue topaz loose gemstones that display a rich blue hue, consistent clarity and brilliant shine. You can also take help from our highly knowledgeable gem consultants who will help you in finding the top-quality London blue topaz at best prices. Click here to contact our Gem Experts.
London blue topaz meaning is derived from its intense blue color. Its color reminds of the old traditional blue police call boxes standing in the corner of the London streets. There was a long history about the color of these police boxes which was changed time to time. But the unique deep blue shade stayed for the longest time and was considered as the most memorable one. This could be the reason behind addressing the deep shade blue topaz as ‘London blue topaz’.
Purchasing a lab certified London blue topaz is the best way to get assurance about the quality and authenticity of the gemstone. Due to the increasing popularity and demand, some lab created London blue topaz have also been introduced in the market. These synthetic, lab made gems are often sold as real ones by the fraudulent suppliers of the industry. The genuine London blue topaz is relative rare than the other color varieties of blue topaz and is only available with the trusted gem retailers and wholesalers of the industry. It is always recommended to purchase a blue topaz that comes with a valid certificate issued by a government recognised gem testing laboratory.
At GemPundit, we understand the importance of buying a natural gemstone. Therefore, we always provide a FREE lab certificate with every purchase to ensure that the gemstone purchased by you is 100% natural and original.