Tiger Eye Stone Properties
Publised on Dec 13, 2013
|Other Names||Hawk’s Eye, Falcon’s Eye|
|Hardness on Moh’s Scale||7|
|Refractive index||1.544- 1.533|
|Metal to Wear in||Silver|
|Colors||Golden, Honey Yellow, Brown, Red, White Grey|
|Chakras||Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus|
|Origin||Australia, South Africa, USA, Korea, Burma, Spain, Namibia, India, Mexico, Brazil|
What is Tiger Eye?
As the name resembles, this is a stone that looks like the eyes of Tiger. Similar are the properties of Tiger Eye which is said to give immense self confidence and inner strength to its wearer. It possesses power to protect and hence it was used by ancient Roman warriors in the battlefields. Extracted from crocidolite mineral, it contains traces of iron which are oxidized to render its rich golden brown shade.
It is a chatoyant stone quite admired for its healing and metaphysical properties. It is a fairly hard stone and it also widely used for making exquisite jewelry like rings, pendants, and bracelets. It hails from Quartz family of crystals and requires normal care. It is also quite inexpensive despite its wonderful properties. (See : Tiger Eye Astrological Benefits )
Properties of Tiger Eye stone :
- Tiger Eye is a powerful gemstone with silky luster that possesses exceptional chatoyancy. It is heat treated normally, for giving its varied hues from red to darker tones of brown.
- It is a stone of manifestation which is mostly used for ornamental purposes ranging from beads and pendants to other forms of jewelry.
- The color of Tiger’s eye is rendered by the presence of iron oxide in this stone which is composed of Silicon Dioxide. Hawk’s Eye is an incomplete silica-converted blue colored variety of Tiger’s Eye.
- Tiger Eye has amazing healing powers that reduces high blood pressure and other ailments like bronchial asthma, kidney related problems, throat problems, rheumatic heart diseases, psoriasis, and procrastination.
- Tiger’s eye that is mined in Western Australia and South Africa is considered to be the finest in quality.
- Tiger Eye gemstone opens the sacral chakra and solar plexus chakra in body. As such, it enhances creativity and brings immense psychic powers in the wearer.
- It is highly recommended for those born on numbers of 2 or 7. As a gemstone, Tiger Eye can be worn by any zodiac sign and individuals with any gender, age, or religion. It is not typically a birthstone for any month.
- It is widely used for Vastu and Feng Shui purposes.
- It should be properly cleansed and recharged before wearing by soaking overnight in salt water. It should be kept away from any sharp edges or blows for its elongated life.
- It is good luck stone that should be carried at the time of travelling and always kept in the pocket for being safe from any harm whatsoever.