What is a Peridot?
Peridot is a mineral of the olivine family. It has a color that is entirely its own, but it is many a times confused with Emerald stone. The green color of a Peridot ranges from pale green to bottle green and dark green. It is the birthstone of August and a very auspicious stone for those couples who are celebrating their 16th anniversary. It is a very beautiful gemstone and so it makes very good jewelry. It is a stone of lightness and beauty and it has many benefits attached to it. (See: Properties of Peridot gemstone)?
What are the astrological benefits of Peridot?
Peridot was a very famous stone during ancient times. This stone is substitute of Emerald. Peridots have magical and mystical properties associated with them. Some of its benefits are:
- Peridots increase strength and vitality in people.
- They have a calming effect on the wearer. They are also said to bring happiness and warmth in the lives of people.
- They increase strength in people and reduce anxiety.
- When used as a necklace, they become a protector against negative emotions.
- They are known to have healing effect on liver and gall bladder.
- They help people in understanding relationships and their values. Since this stone is related to happiness, love and truth, it instills a sense of truthfulness in people and makes them think in a rational way.
- This stone releases negativity and brings clarity in thoughts.
- It is said that Peridot stones are good healers of diseases related to lungs, breasts, intestinal tract, spleen and lymph.
- When worn as an amulet, Peridot stones are good for asthma and sinus.
- They have their nursing powers which have given magical effects on eye, stomach, thyroid, liver and other body parts.
- They are known to alleviate anger, fear, depression, nervousness, anxiety, and jealousy.
- They are also said to help in bringing openness of mind, good sleep, relaxation and comfort to people.
- They are the stone of love and are known to foster love.
- They bring about a lot of improvement in health and spirituality to the wearer.
- They have the power to manifest money and many other good things in your life
They are very popular stones having a lot of healing properties. You can use loose gemstones or get them studded into ring, pendant or bracelets. Whatever way you choose, Peridot will always look good on you and will suit any occasion.
- Other Names:Olivine, Hawaiite, Chrysolite
- Planet:Mercury, Venus
- Zodiac:Leo, Libra, Gemini, Pisces and Virgo, Hardness on Moh’s Scale: 6.5 - 7
- Specific Gravity:3.27-3-37
- Color:Medium-pale lime green
- Refractive index:1.654-1.690
- Mineral group:Olivine
- Chakras:Heart Chakra
- Origin:Egypt, United States, Myanmar, Australia, Norway, South Africa and Brazil.
Buy a 100% genuine, lab certified Peridot only from our website and rest assured of its quality.