Chrome tourmaline is a rare and highly sought-after variety of natural tourmaline gemstone that displays a highly desirable green color and extraordinary brilliance. These qualities make Chrome tourmaline an excellent gemstone for jewelry. It can be worn as the substitute of Emerald gemstone and October month birthstone to gain prosperity, health and happiness in life.
Who Should Wear Chrome Tourmaline Gemstone?
Chrome tourmaline meaning is closely associated with its chromium rich body color. In gemstone market, it is often addressed as ‘Chrome Dravite Tourmaline’ , ‘Chromtourmaline ’ or ‘Chromium Tourmaline’ . Astrologically, this gemstone is recommended as the substitute of a highly precious emerald gemstone to strengthen planet Mercury in the wearer’s horoscope.
According to vedic astrology, wearing a Chrome tourmaline brings auspicious results for Mithun (Gemini) and Kanya (Virgo) rashi.
Western astrology recommends Chrome tourmaline birthstone for October borns.
Ascendants of Aries, Cancer, Leo and Scorpio can also wear a Chrome tourmaline gemstone for good results in life.
Suitable Ascendants – Aries, Cancer, Leo & Scorpio
Chrome tourmaline exhibits a vivid green hue that can rival even the most precious green gemstones. The chromium-rich green color and overall brilliance make Chrome tourmaline different from the other Green tourmaline . However, the presence of chromium is not enough to be called fine Chrome tourmaline. Therefore, other quality-determining factors such as origin, clarity and cut are also considered while choosing the best Chrome tourmaline for purchase.
– Chrome tourmaline comes in a variety of exciting shades, coveted worldwide, running from intense deep green to bright green with light blue or yellow flashes. This expressive range of color has its origin in the chromium colouring agent. The pure Chrome green tourmaline gemstones are not just gloriously colourful but equally rare and valuable.
– The clarity in Chrome tourmaline gem is judged by its level of transparency and inclusions present in it. Being a Type I clarity gemstone , high-quality Chrome tourmaline are expected to be internally flawless or have minimum visible inclusions. However, the moderate quality gemstone may include a slightly higher number of long and thin liquid inclusions, gas-filled fractures and color zoning.
– Chrome tourmaline is dichroic gemstone (shows different color tone when viewed from different angles). Therefore, cutting this stone in correct symmetry and good polishing is essential to bring out the best color and luminosity hidden in the Chrome tourmaline raw stone. It is often fashioned in gorgeous round, oval and cushion cut. The slightly included rough stones are preferably cut in cabochons (typically the included ones) due to commercial consideration.
– Chrome tourmaline stones were first discovered in Tanzania mining location. But recently Kenya has also emerged as a potential producer of the fine quality rough Chrome tourmaline in good quantity. So, this draws a fine conclusion that Chrome tourmaline from any new origin will gain a good value as long as the color and clarity is phenomenal.
Browse our unique collection of original, loose Chrome Tourmaline for sale online.
At GemPundit, we provide certified Chrome Tourmaline for sale in India. UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Singapore, UAE (nearly 100+ countries).
Chrome tourmaline is a rare and highly valuable gemstone, in its own category that offers a perfect green hue at a fraction of the cost to other highly precious gemstones. In the trade, color always remains the prime price determining factors for all colourful gems including Chrome tourmaline. But clarity, cut and carat weight also bears an influence on the Chrome tourmaline value in the market.
Note – Chrome tourmaline price per cts in India starts from Rs 3,500 per carat ($53 approx.) and may cost upto Rs 50,000 per carat ($750 approx.) and above. The price in other countries like UAE, United States or UK may vary because of difference in the demand-supply equation.
Buyer Beware: Gemstone Weights in India are often expressed in Ratti (e.g. –Blue Tourmaline or Indicolite price per ratti). This system can be used to dupe customers who are not knowledgeable on how the conversion works. Read our guide to Understanding Gemstone Weights: Carats vs Ratti, and Don’t Get Fooled by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carats!
– Due to its highly desired color, the intense green Chrome tourmaline price remains the highest in the gemstone market. Amongst other common shades like slight bluish green, yellowish green and brown green, the bluish green Chrome Tourmaline is regarded as the next most valuable choice. Some color change chrome tourmalines are also found occasionally in nature but they are quite expensive.
– Chrome tourmaline stones are prized for its exceptional transparency and minimum visible flaws, being often eye clean. Therefore, Chrome tourmaline prices for lustrous, clean gems is higher than the included tourmalines with dull resinous luster.
– It is difficult to find a gem quality Chrome tourmaline rough stone in nature. Therefore, it is often faceted keeping the weight retention at priority. Round, oval and cabochon cut are more affordable than the Chrome tourmaline in the fancy trillion, princess and brilliant cut because the later ones involve more wastage in the cutting process.
– Being a rare variety of tourmaline, Chrome tourmaline prices per carat are significantly higher than other green tourmalines due to its exceptional color and superior clarity. Chrome tourmaline price per carat can also jump considerably for premium quality gems above few carats because the green color often becomes too dark with the increase in size.
Buy Chrome tourmaline loose stones online from GemPundit!
We have an exclusively collection of unheated, untreated Chrome Tourmaline for Sale.
Chrome tourmaline is a distinct green colored variety of the tourmaline gemstone that derives its radiant green hue from chromium traces. Its high-end beauty and good hardness make this gemstone an ideal selection for jewelry. Like other gemstones, it comes in different grades and is judged based on its color, clarity, luster and cut. It is also recommended as the astrological substitute of the emerald gemstone to gain numerous astrological benefits.
Read our Chrome tourmaline buying guide to get an in-depth knowledge of Chrome tourmaline Quality and Price.
While shopping a Chrome tourmaline, it is important to choose a reliable supplier or wholesaler to ensure the quality and authenticity of the gemstone. These days, the market is full of lab-created, synthetic gemstone which is sold at original gemstone market rate by the fraudulent suppliers.
At GemPundit, we deal in untreated, unheated, natural Chrome tourmaline loose stones online which are certified by trusted gem testing labs. Our stones are real, 100% genuine and free from any treatment. We also provide a FREE gem certificate along with every gemstone. We provide premium quality Chrome tourmaline stones for sale which are pre-certified by some internationally recognised gem labs such as IGI, GII, GIA and GRS etc.
Being a leading gem store, we deliver our products in all Indian cities (from Delhi, Jaipur, to Kolkata, Bangalore and many more) and nearly 100+ countries world-over.
Chat with our amazing helpful Gem Experts who will surely help you in finding the best gemstone within every budget.