Schorl tourmaline is a natural, deep black colored Tourmaline having a shiny and velvety dark surface. It is a popular crystal of healing and protection which is worn to gain inner peace, self-confidence, good health and positivity in life.
Who Should Wear a Schorl Tourmaline Stone?
Schorl tourmaline is the finest black Tourmalines which is rich in iron content and has a mesmerising black velvety appearance. In traditional Chinese culture, Schorl tourmaline gemstone is used as a talisman to keep the environment of house and workplace positive and peaceful. They strongly believed in the metaphysical and healing powers of Schorl tourmaline to cure depression, anxiety and immune-related disorders.
Western astrology prescribes Schorl tourmaline birthstone for Capricorn sign.
Black Schorl tourmaline is a very popular meditation crystal. It is said that holding a Schorl tourmaline gemstone in hand while meditating helps to concentrate.
This gemstone is known for promoting self-healing and is absolutely a must have for people in healing profession, nurse, therapist etc. It benefits them by improving their level of patience, physical strength and energy level.
Schorl tourmaline (also called Iron tourmaline) is valued more for its unique metaphysical and healing properties rather than its beauty. This simple looking black gemstone is said to be incredibly effective for people dealing with stressful jobs, anxiety, dissatisfaction, negative thoughts and bad health.
Will Schorl Tourmaline suit me? Should I wear a Schorl tourmaline gemstone?
– During ancient times, Black tourmaline Schorl has been used by healers to protect themselves from demons and the evil spirits. Even today people wear this gemstone to gain protection from harmful radiation and negative thoughts.
– It is believed that wearing Schorl tourmaline is quite beneficial for individuals who find difficulty in expressing themselves. The positive energies of this gemstone boost the wearer’s self-confidence and improve their vision.
Releases Stress & Anxiety
– Whether stressed by household problems or the workplace issues, Schorl tourmaline does wonders for people seeking for mental relaxation and better productivity. Its soothing energies calm the senses and allow the person to have deep inner peace and sound sleep.
Improves Immune System
– Gem healers find Schorl tourmaline gemstone favourable for individuals who frequently suffer from health-related problems. It strengthens the wearer’s immune system and provides relief from muscular pain, arthritis or any heart related issues.
Click here to read Schorl Tourmaline Benefits in Hindi
Schorl Tourmaline Benefits
Protects from Harmful Radiations
According to the gem experts, Schorl is the most common form of tourmaline that contributes nearly 95% of the total tourmaline found across the globe. However, the supply of fine, gem quality Schorl tourmaline is still limited in the market. Therefore, for finding the best quality Schorl tourmalines, Gem experts often assess the color, surface clarity and cut of the gemstone, very carefully.
– Color is what differentiates a Schorl tourmaline from a Black tourmaline. Schorl includes the intense deep black tourmalines that doesn’t shows any secondary hue (greenish or brownish). Some Schorl bear an exclusive velvety black color that increases the gem’s value and demand.
– Schorl tourmaline are opaque and is never transparent or even translucent. Therefore, the clarity of a Schorl tourmaline largely depends on its surface polish, texture and luster of the gemstone. Generally, the smooth, clean pieces with minimum white scratches and pits are considered best for purchase.
– Due to fair availability and good hardness, Schorl tourmaline are cut in good symmetry and proportion. In the market, one can find this gemstone in a variety of shapes and cuts including round, oval, emerald cut and in many fancy shapes as well. Black tourmaline cabochon (polished non-faceted gems) is also a popular choice for jewelry purposes.
– Schorl mineral mines are located in Brazil, Africa, Afghanistan, Burma. India, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Zimbabwe. According to the experts, the best quality Schorl tourmaline rough comes from the mining locations of Brazil, Namibia and Australia.
Are you looking for natural loose Schorl Tourmaline stone online?
GemPundit has a huge inventory of high quality natural Schorl Tourmaline for sale along with FREE Gem Certificate.
The price of a Schorl tourmaline is primarily depends on the depth of its black color. In additionally, the clarity, cut and carat weight also influences the Black tourmaline cost up to an extent.
Note - In India, Schorl tourmaline price per carat ranges between Rs 800 per carat ($12 approx.) to Rs 5,000per carat ($75 approx.). Prices in other countries like USA, UK and Dubai may show a slight difference due to the variation in supply and demand cycle.
Buyer Beware: Gemstone Weights in India are often expressed in Ratti (e.g. – Schorl tourmaline price per ratti). This system can be used to dupe customers who are not knowledgeable on how the conversion works. Read our guide to Understanding Gemstone Weights: Carats vs Ratti, and Don’t Get Fooled by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carats!
– The beauty of a black gemstone like Schorl depends much upon the intensity and purity of its color. The more intense and darker is the color, higher is the Schorl tourmaline value.
– Clarity has a lesser impact on the Schorl tourmaline value in the market. As far as this opaque gemstone is lustrous and has no visible scratches, spots or pits, the overall value will remain consistent.
– Schorl tourmaline can be find in a variety of commercial (oval, round etc.) and customised (brilliant cut, pear shape, heart etc.) shapes and cuts. The cutting process of commercial cut gems involve lesser time and cause less rough stone wastage than the customised one. Therefore, black Schorl tourmaline prices for gems in oval and round shape is slightly lower than the highly faceted fancy ones.
– Due to its abundance in large size, Black tourmaline price per carat increasing linearly with the rise in carat weight.
Schorl tourmaline is the exclusive black colored, iron-rich tourmaline gemstone. It tends to have a mesmerising black hue and intense shine which make Schorl an appropriate gemstone for bold and classic jewelry pieces. In addition, it comes up with a plethora of metaphysical and healing properties to relief wearer’s emotional and physical maladies.
According to the Wikipedia, Schorl tourmaline meaning comes from the location where it was first discovered. According to historical facts, the term Schorl was used for the stunning iron containing black tourmalines coming from the tin mines present in a Schorl village (now called Saxony) of Germany,
This astonishingly beautiful gemstone is worn as a protection gemstone in various ancient cultures. At GemPundit, we provide an impressive collection of natural, certified loose Schorl tourmaline for sale in India, Australia, UK, United States and 100+ countries across the world.
For further help, please free to contact our Gem Experts .
Buying a gemstone involves financial as well as emotional investment. It is very important to choose a reliable gem retailer or wholesale to ensure a delightful gemstone shopping experience.
GemPundit is one of the leading suppliers of natural, untreated and unheated gemstones online at fair prices. We provide FREE gem certificates along with every gemstone to ensure its quality and authenticity. Some of our super precious gemstones are pre-certified by internationally recognised gem testing lab like IGI, GIA, GII, GRS etc. At GemPundit, we have a wonderful catalogue of loose natural Schorl tourmaline for sale that contains high quality photos and videos for your considerations.