Beryl is a class of mineral which is found in crystal form in different colors like green, yellow, red, white and blue. Some of the popular gemstones like Emerald, Aquamarine and Heliodor, belong to the Beryl family. Basically, a colorless beryl gets transformed into its variants with the presence of different varieties of impurities in it.
Who Should Wear a Beryl?
With a variety of sub-stones coming under this mineral group, each type of beryl gemstone has its own characteristics and benefits. According to those features, beryl crystals are to be worn. Here, it is important to know in details about the different types of Beryl crystals.
Beryl Aquamarine Gemstone | Beryl Emerald Gemstone | Heliodor Beryl Gemstone | Morganite Beryl Gemstone | Red Beryl Gemstone | Beryl Quality Factors | Beryl Benefits | Beryl Gemstone Prices | Why You Should Buy From GemPundit | Wearing Procedure of Beryl
$1.58 per carat
- Origin: Pending Classification
List of Beryl Varieties:
Beryl Aquamarine Gemstone
This gemstone is greenish-blue to sky-blue in colour, which is due to the elements of iron present in the crystals as an impurity. As compared to the other variants of Beryl minerals, aquamarine appears in the form of flawless crystals with greater transparency. It is one of the hardest gemstones with a Mohs index of 7.5-8.
Beryl Emerald Gemstone
Emerald is one of the most popular precious gemstones, belonging to the Beryl gemstone family. Its green colour is often due to the presence of Chromium and Vanadium as an impurity in the crystal structure. As the level of impurity decreases, the colour of the gemstone becomes lighter. This also results in the decline in the value of the gemstone and its effectiveness as an Astrological Gemstone. In terms of hardness, it is similar to its relative Beryl gemstones like Aquamarine.
Heliodor Beryl Gemstone
The yellow colour of this group of beryl is again due to the presence of Iron ions which impart this beautiful colour to this gemstone. However, the level of impurity present makes the difference between the golden yellow Beryl and the greenish-yellow Heliodor.
Morganite Beryl Gemstone
This bright pink to rose-coloured gemstone gets its brilliant colour from the presence of Manganese ions as an impurity in the Beryl crystals. Sometimes, naturally occurring Morganites can also be seen in different colors like Yellow and Orange with colour banding.
Red Beryl Gemstone
Sometimes Manganese ions can also cause a deep red coloration in the Beryl Gemstones, which causes the formation of red beryl. This kind of crystals is quite rare in its appearance and there is only handful of places known to produce this variant.
Beryl Quality Factors
While choosing a Beryl Gemstone, the following points should be borne in mind:
- Beryl is known for its prismatic crystal appearance.
- The colorless beryl can be absolutely transparent while the coloured ones are translucent to opaque.
- The Beryl gemstones are very hard in nature and have a Mohs index of 7.5-8.
- Sometime beryl exhibits discoloration upon heating or when exposed to sunlight.
- It has a vitreous luster.
Beryl Gemstone is widely known for its healing properties. Its major benefits can be broadly summarised in the following points:
- This gemstone offers mental peace and helps those who are in stressful conditions.
- The Blue beryl is known to enhance the communication skills of the wearer. Those who are in a field of public speaking and communication stand to obtain greater benefits from this crystal.
- Morganite is a lover's gemstone. Its wearer is benefited with greater romance and love in life by wearing this gemstone.
- The Yellow to Golden coloured gemstone is believed to enhance the spiritual powers of the wearer. Also, it provides inner strength which makes him conquer all its weaknesses.
Beryl Gemstone Prices
- Beryl stone price in India per carat depends upon Weight (measured in carats or ratti), Treatments and Quality (Cut, Clarity and Color).
- Natural loose Aquamarine prices per carat in India rupees generally lie between Rs 100 per carat and Rs 7,000 per carat and above.
- Convert Beryl rate per carat into Beryl price per ratti by multiplying it by 0.9 (so, Rs 10,000/ct = Rs 9,000/ratti).
It is very common to find gemstone dealers who sell heated and treated beryl gems. Such gemstones offer very less or no astrological effects and also lose luster over time. Thereby, high chances are there of you not getting your money's worth. To avoid this, it is highly recommended that you get the gemstone certified from a trusted Gemstone Laboratory, where the certificate should mention tests for treatment. At GemPundit, there is a stone for every budget. Our catalogue features some of the best beryl in different price range.
Why You Should Buy From GemPundit?
At GemPundit, strict quality measures are ensured so that you get the best worth of your hard-earned money:-
- We sell the best quality Beryl Gemstones at affordable prices.
- We provide a free lab certificate which ensures that your Beryl gemstone is 100% natural.
- You can choose from various options of payments. Also, you can pay Cash on Delivery (COD)
- Free shipping for all our products in over 200 countries worldwide (Read: Shipment Policy)
- We also have a buyer-friendly Return & Refund Policy.
Wearing Procedure of Beryl
Beryl is primarily a healing gemstone which can be worn anytime by anybody. At GemPundit, you can choose to get the Beryl set in a pendant, ring or a bracelet. Make your choice of metal from Gold, Silver or Panchdhatu. For greater information, Request a Call Back.