Iolite Stone Properties
Publised on Nov 30, 2013
|Other Names||Water Sapphire or Cordierite|
|Ruling Heavenly Body||Saturn|
|Mohs’ Scale Hardness||7-7.5|
|Colors||Blue, violet, yellow-brown|
|Transparency||Transparent to translucent|
|Origin||Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Myanmar, Brazil and India|
Iolite is a beautiful and unique gemstone which is known for its healing properties. It is not a traditional birthstone or even a secondary birthstone like its other counterparts. It is a highly recommended gemstone for people celebrating their 21st anniversary. It has a color which ranges from blue to violet. A major property of Iolite stone is ‘Pleochroism’. This means that an Iolite stone appears to be of different colors when viewed from different angles. This quality is possessed only by a few semi precious stones.
What are the Properties of an Iolite stone?
- Iolite is a gemstone variation of the mineral Cordierite. Its hardness weighs between 7-7.5 on Moh’s scale.
- It is excellent for making jewelries and ornaments.
- It has a refractive index of 1.53 to 1.55.
- It has brittle tenacity and a vitreous or greasy luster.
- There are three different and unequal axes that intersect at perfect right angles.
- Its hardness is relatively 3/4th of a diamond, which makes it pretty hard stone.
- An untreated and unheated iolite gemstone is considered to be the best for astrological purposes.
- It is a highly durable stone, so you can use it in both traditional as well as non conventional ways such as making a belly button ring.
- It looks best when used with silver.
- Its affordability and beauty is one reason that has made it so popular among gemstones.
What are the uses of Iolite ?
- Iolite is recommended for those who are suffering from disorientation, those who lack motivation and for chronic disorientation.
- It is a very good source of energy when used for debt elimination and management of money.
- It helps in strengthening the resolve of taking any responsibility.
- It also provides perseverance and endurance to those who are on the path to follow their dreams.
- It strengthens family dilemmas and sibling rivalry.
- It also helps the addicts in understanding and releasing the cause of addiction.
- It balances the male/female aspects of a person’s character and brings harmony within one’s self.
- It calms overactive mind and helps in reaching a focused stage of mind.
These are a few properties and uses of an Iolite stone. It is known mostly because of its pleochroism property and the color, which is very attractive. There are a variety of Iolite gemstones available in online shops. You can buy one for yourself directly from the website.
Please visit : http://www.gempundit.com/gemstones/iolite