Petalite is a bright colorless gemstone that displays an eye-clean transparency and shiny vitreous luster. It is also found in other pastel shades such as yellow, gray, yellow-green, light green and pink but colorless ones are more common. It is usually worn as a healing crystal or a jewelry gemstone. Due to the rarity of Petalite gemstones in fancy cuts, these gems are also sought-after by the gem collectors.
Who Should Wear a Petalite Stone?
Petalite is an ideal gemstone for people who believe in the concept of beauty with a purpose. This gemstone is not just aesthetically appealing but also is packed with numerous healing benefits. Being an earth-mined, natural mineral Petalite is believed to have some warm energies that offer protection and healing to the wearer.
In crystal healing therapies, Petalite gemstone is known for its strong metaphysical and healing properties. Gem healers find white Petalite gemstone highly effective for people suffering from tumour, lungs and eye related ailments. For emotional and psychological healing, wearing a Pink petalite is considered more beneficial.
Petalite gem refracts light beautifully which accounts for its sparkling luster. For many, it serves as a wonderful and budget-friendly alternative of the highly precious diamonds in engagement rings and wedding bands.
The rare availability of Petalite is a strong feature which makes this gemstone ideal for people who think outside-the-box. Petalite jewelry are not as common. Therefore, this pretty gemstone can be a unique addition of your collection.
Petalite is regarded as an excellent healing gemstone. Its vibrational energies work on different levels and brings spiritual growth, good health and higher consciousness. Some important Petalite stone benefits are mentioned below –
Will Petalite suit me? Should I wear a Petalite gemstone?
Find out whether Petalite stone is right for you, using our Free Gemstone Recommendation Tool or Take an In-depth Phone Consultation with our Astrologers to find the right gemstone for you.
Cures Insomnia & Depression
– According to the gem healers, Petalite metaphysical properties activate the ‘Third eye Chakra’ that promotes relaxation of the body during meditation activities. Its soothing energies help the wearer to release emotional baggage and emerge out smoothly from the state of depression.
Stimulates Intuition & Concentration power
– Petalite can also be worn to improve concentration level and brain power. In chakra therapies, this gemstone is used for ‘Kundalini awakening’ – a process that centralises the wearer’s energy in a single focal point and allows the person to make better judgements and attain a focused approach in life.
Relieves Lungs, Eye or Muscle-related Disorders
– It is believed that Petalite healing properties help the wearers suffering from lungs, eye, muscle related problems. The healing properties of this gemstone help to reduce the size of tumours and is considered quite effective for people suffering from any cancerous disease.
Protects from Negativity & Black magic
– In gem healing therapies, Petalite is considered as a powerful protection gemstone. Its energies offer good resistance against unhealthy addictions and also safeguard the wearer from negative thoughts and physical illness.
Click here to read Petalite Benefits in Hindi.
Petalite Stone Benefits
Cures Insomnia & Depression
Stimulates Thinking Abilities
Protects from Negativity & Bad Addictions
Also known as ‘Castorite’ and ‘Pollucite’, Petalite gemstone is prized for its brilliant glassy appearance and good clarity. The color quality, orientation of cut and origin should also be checked to ensure purchase of best quality Petalite gemstone.
– Petalite gems are generally colorless (White) but pink, pale yellow and greenish Petalite ore are also found in nature. White petalite without any color tint is counted amongst the finest varieties. The pink color variety is also valuable because of its lesser availability.
– Since the Petalite hardness is low, gem cutters usually cut its rough in round and oval cabochons (polished, non-faceted gems). Cutting a Petalite into fine facets need skills and great care. When the bright Petalite stones are faceted skilfully, they show a brilliant spark and are highly valued.
– Highly transparent Petalite gemstone with vitreous luster are considered superior for astrological as well as jewellery purposes. In contrast, the translucent pieces with pearly luster are relatively more common and less valuable than the eye clean ones.
– Petalite rough is sourced from the mines of Sweden, United States, Italy, Brazil, Russia, Myanmar, Afghanistan, Western Australia etc. According to the experts, a majority of large clean Petalite come from the Brazil mines. Therefore, the Brazilian Petalite is regarded as one of the finest quality. Good quality Pink Petalite is reported from the mines in Namibia and Burma (Now Myanmar).
Buy loose Petalite gemstones at best prices from GemPundit
At GemPundit, we provide certified Paraiba Tourmaline for sale in India. UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Singapore, UAE (nearly 100+ countries).
The price of Petalite gemstone depends upon its Color, Clarity, Cut and Carat weight. Currently, Petalite stone price per carat in India ranges between Rs 4,000 per carat ($60 approx.) to Rs 35,000per carat ($550 approx.) and above. Prices in other countries such as UK, UAE and USA may vary depending upon the availability and demand.
Buyer Beware: Gemstone Weights in India are often expressed in Ratti (e.g. – Petalite price per ratti). This system can be used to dupe customers who are not knowledgeable on how the conversion works. Read our guide to Understanding Gemstone Weights: Carats vs Ratti, and Don’t Get Fooled by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carats!
– The colorless Petalite that lacks any color tints or impurities is more valuable than milky or cloudy stones. Pink ones are rare and also draw a good value in the market.
– Some color change Petalite gemstone are also found in the market. It changes its color from light olive green to pleasing red in the presence of incandescent light. The exceptional clarity, brilliant luster and immense rarity make such pieces quite valuable. Cat’s eye Petalite is also known. Such densely included rough containing microscopic rutile inclusions are often cut and shaped in round or oval cabochons to bring out the best cat’s eye effect on the surface under a direct light source.
– Petalite gemstones are prized for their clarity. Due to its crystal-like appearance, even the minor flaws and inclusions can be easily noticed in a Petalite gem. Stones containing too many inclusions, pits or surface scratches usually degrades the quality and is therefore less valuable than the eye clean pieces.
– Cut and shape create a difference in Petalite prices too. Petalites in highly customised shapes such as emerald-cut, asscher-cut and cushion-cut look quite attractive but involve more wastage of rough stone. Oval and round Petalite gemstones are more affordable as they retain maximum weight, without disturbing the stone’s natural beauty.
– Petalite crystals come in big sizes. Due to the lesser demand, Petalite price per carat increases linearly for stones above few carats.
Shop for certified Petalite gemstone online from GemPundit!
We provide Petalite for sale in India. UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Singapore, UAE (nearly 100+ countries).