Labradorite is a naturally dark-colored, semi-precious gemstone from the Feldspar mineral family that exhibits some brilliant internal flashes (called Labradorescence) of peacock blue, coppery red, pale green and gold when light reflects over its surface. It is regarded as a wonderful healing gemstone that helps the wearer to stay positive, productive and healthy.
Who Should Wear Labradorite Stone?
Labradorite is quite a dynamic gemstone that is used for both healing and jewellery purposes. Crystal healers recognise Labradorite as a ‘Stone of Transformation’ that helps the wearer to gain self-consciousness, mental strength and good health. Its deep healing properties are considered helpful for individuals who are willing to make positive changes in the way of living.
Due to its brilliant flashes, astrologers often connect Labradorite gemstone with the brightest planet Venus. They find this gemstone highly beneficial for people born under Tula (Libra) sign.
Western astrologers also recommend Labradorite birthstone for Libra. However, due its mild nature, it doesn’t bring any negative effect and can be comfortably worn by anyone.
Ascendants of Leo, Scorpio and Sagittarius can also wear a Labradorite gemstone to gain positive results in life.
Besides being aesthetic, a natural Labradorite stone is also valued for its powerful metaphysical and healing properties. Due to its beautiful color flashes, ancient people believed that Labradorite is the frozen form of the auspicious Northern Lights that brings good luck and positivity in the wearer’s life.
Will Labradorite suit me? Should I wear a Labradorite gemstone?
Find out whether Labradorite stone is right for you, using our Free Gemstone Recommendation Tool or Take an In-depth Phone Consultation with our Astrologers to find the right gemstone for you.
Enhances Mental & Intuitive Abilities
– It is said that Labradorite metaphysical properties help to bring out the best in people, making their work life more agreeable. Wearing a fine quality Labradorite stone benefits the wearer by enhancing their intuitive abilities and analytical skills.
Reduces Impulsive Behaviour & Additive Tendencies
– Labradorite is regarded as a highly protective gemstone that helps in reducing the reckless behaviour, rebellious nature, impulsive behaviour and unhealthy addictions. It is believed that Labradorite healing energies calm down the emotions and help the wearer to recover from anxiety and distress.
Cures Digestive & Respiratory Issues
– In Chakra healing therapies, Labradorite healing crystal is considered highly beneficial for the wearer’s lungs and may assist in digestion, regulation and metabolism also. According to the healers, wearing Labradorite stone also benefits people suffering from the eye ailment, body pain or brain disorders etc.
In the market, Labradorite gemstones are available in low to the high quality range. A beforehand knowledge of the quality determining factors is essential for buyers in order to find the best quality Labradorite gemstone within their budget. Generally, a Labradorite gemstone’s overall quality is evaluated by its origin, color, clarity, and shape.
– Gem quality Labradorite originates from the mining location of Madagascar, Canada, Finland. Australia, Africa, Newfoundland, Norway, the United States and Russia. According to the gem experts, Finnish labradorites are considered most valuable because they usually display a full spectrum of color in the flashes. Such good quality Labradorite crystals are often traded as ‘Spectrolite’ .
– Natural Labradorite stones are grey to grey-black in color accented with colourful flashes. In the market, Labradorite with blue and green flashes are easily available whereas the ones with fiery orange, copper and red flashes are increasingly rare. As per the trade rule, more vivid and colourful are the flashes, superior is the Labradorite quality.
– Labradorite is a naturally-included gemstone and is expected to have eye visible flaws. Therefore, a natural Labradorite gemstone with minimum inclusions, good transparency and smooth surface is regarded as a top-quality gem.
– Labradorite stones are mostly cut in beautiful cabochons (non-faceted, polished gems) to enhances the play of color. Typically, a well-polished Labradorite cabochon in a definite shape (round, oval or pear) is considered most desirable. Free-form labradorites are more readily available and are relatively less valuable.
Buy Labradorite stone online from GemPundit!
GemPundit has a huge inventory of high quality natural Labradorite stone for sale along with FREE Gem Certificate.
Despite its jaw-dropping beauty and unique visual effect, Labradorite is regarded as quite an affordable gemstone. Its good availability could be the reason behind its generous price. However, in the trade, Labradorite stone value largely depends upon its origin, color, clarity, cut and carat weight.
Note - Labradorite price in India starts from Rs………… per carat ($........ approx.) and can reach up to Rs……… per carat ($........ approx.) and above. Labradorite prices in other countries like the US, UK and UAE may vary because of the difference in supply and demand cycle.
Buyer Beware: Gemstone Weights in India are often expressed in Ratti (e.g. – Labradorite price per ratti). This system can be used to dupe customers who are not knowledgeable on how the conversion works. Read our guide to Understanding Gemstone Weights: Carats vs Ratti, and Don’t Get Fooled by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carats!
– According to the gem experts, the high-quality Labradorite gemstone with red and orange flashes are majorly supplied from the mines of Finland and Madagascar. Such superior quality pieces often demand a higher premium.
– Dark-colored Labradorite with intense color flashes are considered quite rare and valuable. In the gem trade, Labradorite stone prices increase substantially for stones that show color flashes other than blue. Gems with red, copper and orange are highly sought-after and thereby grabs a higher value. However, some purple and blue Labradorite can also get a good price if the flashes are strong and uniformly distributed.
– Labradorite gems are graded as ‘Type III’ on clarity indicators, implying almost every piece will have some degree of inclusions. Thus, Labradorite cost increases drastically for stones with minimum visible flaws, good transparency and vibrant luster.
– Due to its fair availability, the free-form Labradorite cabochons can be purchased at quite affordable prices. However, one needs to pay a slightly higher amount for the perfectly shaped round, oval, square or pear-shaped Labradorite that looks amazing when customised in rings, pendants or bracelet.
– Large size Labradorite rough are comfortably available in nature. Therefore, Labradorite price per carat increases linearly for stones in the bigger size and higher carat weight.
Shop for certified Labradorite online from GemPundit.
We provide Labradorite loose stones online for sale in India. UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Singapore, UAE (nearly 100+ countries).
Labradorite is an interesting gem variety of the Feldspar mineral that exhibits a mesmerising visual property. It displays bold and colourful internal flashes (metallic luster) when light reflects over its surface. It is usually appearing grey-green, dark grey or blackish grey in color with decent lightening effect over its surface. This gemstone lends a mysterious appeal to the jewellery pieces and is also known for having strong healing properties.
If you are also in love with this stunning gemstone, don’t forget to browse our stunning collection of Labradorite stone available for sale.
Labradorite was first found in the town of Nain in Labrador, Canada. As its name depicts, Labradorite meaning is closely associated with its place of discovery. But now this gemstone has also been reported in India, Finland, Mexico, Madagascar, Newfoundland, Russia and the United States.
One needs to be careful when purchasing a natural Labradorite as many dealers sell low-quality stones at a higher price. It is crucial to shop your favorite natural gemstone from traders who practice fair trading and provide genuine lab certificates to prove authenticity and quality of the gemstone.
At GemPundit, we follow a stringent process of selection and certification before adding any new gemstone in our inventory. The Labradorite enlisted in our inventory are hand-picked and 100% natural. We value the trust of our customer, therefore, provide FREE lab certificate to ensure that the gemstone is real and authentic.
GemPundit.com can be your preferred destination to start your Labradorite online shopping. Click here to browse our unique collection Labradorite for sale online.