Spinel is a gem-quality mineral which is found in almost every colour ranging from colourless to brick red, intense blue, green, pink, orange, purples, and even black. Out of all these shades, the rare Ruby-like red Spinel is the most coveted and highly sought-after. Across the world, Spinels in certain shades are regarded as wonderful healing gemstones whereas other are used for making extraordinary jewellery pieces. This gemstone is also recognised as the August month birthstone.
Who Should Wear Spinel Gemstone?
Spinel is regarded as the stone of revitalisation that helps the wearer to de-stress and re-energise themselves from all aspects. Its healing properties are known to have a soothing effect on the wearer’s body and soul. Hence, it is an excellent gemstone for those involved in long and exhausting working hours.
• Western astrology recommends Spinel birthstone for Virgo sign.
• Those who wish to wear a protective charm with beauty and hardness closely similar to Sapphire and Ruby can also opt for a natural Spinel gemstone. Red Spinel can substitute for Ruby where Blue Spinel can be worn in place of Blue Sapphire.
• Spinel is also a very durable gem (Spinel Hardness is 8 on the Mohs hardness scale) and is used for making appealing jewellery items which are liked by both women and men. One can customise the beautiful Spinel gemstone in rings, pendants and bracelets in latest designs and patterns of their choice.
• In addition, the rare, unobtainable colour varieties of Spinel are highly coveted by the gem collectors and connoisseurs for collection purposes.
Spinels are found in numerous fascinating colours and resemble some of the most precious gemstones like rubies and sapphire. These colourful gemstones exist as an affordable alternative to their precious counterpart and are being a magnificent gemstone in their own right. Colourless Spinel is the purest and rarest form as it lacks any mineral impurities while other derive their colour from the impurity they contain.
– Spinel in black or greenish black colour obtain their colour from iron impurities. The top-quality Black Spinel stones are highly lustrous and can rival even some finest quality Black diamonds. It is worn as a powerful healing gemstone to gain the power of intuition and foresightedness.
– Also known as ‘Spinel ruby gemstone’, the deep red colour variety is considered most valuable. It is quite rare and is worn as a substitute of ruby in jewellery. It also holds a deep metaphysical meaning and is worn to gain stability and balance in life. At GemPundit, we bring you an exciting collection of 100% natural, lab certified Red Spinel for Sale at the most reasonable price per carat. Our experts will offer you LIVE chat support to help you buy Red Spinel in your favourite shape and size.You just need to get in touch with us!
Blue Spinel (Violet Spinel)
– It is one of the most valuable and rare Spinels that is often confused with Sapphires. The impurity of Cobalt lends a beautiful blue colour to the crystal and thus it is also called the ‘Cobalt Blue Spinel’. It majorly comes from the mines of Sri Lanka and Burma and is often worn as a substitute of Blue Sapphire. At GemPundit, we have an exclusive collection of natural Blue Spinel for sale at the best price. Our team of experienced and professional gem experts can help you buy Blue Spinel within your considered budget. – Chat with us!
– Often traded as Salmon Spinel, Pink Spinel stones are adored for their attractive pink hues ranging from violetish pink to soft pink and deep pink etc. Astrologically, it is regarded as the stone of compassion and is worn to balance the Heart Chakra.
– The natural Green Spinel gemstone are usually found in olive green shades. It is primarily worn as a healing gemstone to overcome financial and professional stagnancy.
– Another popular Chakra gemstone, Purple spinel stone can be seen in vivid purple and violet shades. It is regarded as a calming gemstone that helps the wearer to overcome anxiety, stress and depression. Lavender Spinel is slightly lighter in colour and is regarded as a more affordable substitute.
– White Spinel, Brown Spinel, Yellow Spinel, Gray Spinel, Orange Spinel, and Color change Spinel are some fancy colour varieties of Spinel which continue to captivate the eyes of those looking for a unique and spectacular gemstone for jewellery.
August birthstone Spinel is quite popular amongst healers around the world. It is known to encourage renewal, healing and protection. Based on the colour, Spinels are attributed with different healing properties. For instance, Red Spinel gemstone is thought to promote vitality where green and pink spinels are known to bring love and nobility in the wearer’s nature. Violet Spinel stone signifies spiritual growth whereas Yellow Spinel favours the intellectual development of the wearer.
Will Spinel suit me? Should I wear a Spinel gemstone?
– Since ancient times, Spinel is regarded as an abundance stone and was treasured by the kings and emperors. It is said that the benevolent energies of this Spinel gemstone work in a unique way to bring wealth and opportunities a person is seeking.
Brings Vitality, Stamina & Physical Strength
– It is said that a Spinel ruby benefits the wearer by multiplying their physical strength and stamina. It miraculously enhances the workout efforts and helps to channelize their energy in the right direction.
Soothes Weak Emotions & Tensed Mind
– When looking for a crystal to enhance emotional strength, Spinel is the one you should try. It is specifically recommended to cure lethargy and boost inner strength. For those who are recovering from a broken relationship, Spinel is an absolute bliss.
Cures Skin, Gums & Spine-related Ailments
– Spinel healing properties help to improve the wearer’s health in many ways. Its positive energies activate the ‘Root Chakra’ and cure the issues associated with it. This gemstone can be worn as an effective remedy to improve the health of gums, teeth, skin and spine. It also supports weight reduction and cancer healing.
Spinel Stone Benefits
Brings Wealth & Abundance
Boosts Physical Strength
Heals Emotional Scars
Cures Chronic Ailments
Gem traders consider numerous quality factors to select a fine Spinel gem. It is equally important for the buyers to understand how these parameters control the overall quality determination to lead their smart buying decision. With the basic knowledge of origin varieties, color, clarity, cut and carat weight, it will become easier for anyone to find the best quality Spinel gemstone for themselves.
Popular Origin Varieties
– Natural Spinel rough comes from numerous mining locations, but the sources of fine quality Spinels are quite limited. Burmese Spinel (Burma Spinel) or the Mogok Spinel (comes from Mogok mines in Burma, now Myanmar) is regarded as the most superior origin variety that resources fine red, pink and orange specimens. The best blue and violet Spinels belong to the Ceylon mine of Sri Lanka. Another highly coveted variety – ‘Mahenge Spinel’ is produced in the Pamir mountains of Russia. When it comes to black, nothing can beat the beauty of Thai black spinel gemstones.
– Spinels occurs in numerous colours, each having its own significance and value. On a broader scale, the intense, richly-coloured natural Spinel gemstones are preferred over light or dark ones, regardless of the shade. As far as the shade is concerned, the blood red spinel is considered the most desirable, followed by the clean cobalt blue spinel.
– Being a Type II clarity gemstone, natural Spinel is likely to have minor inclusions in the form of negative crystal, needles, fingerprints and iron oxide staining. A flawless Spinel with no detectable internal or surface inclusions makes a very valuable and rare gemstone. However, in certain cases, inclusions increase a Spinel worth, like in ‘Star Spinel’ – the presence of well-placed needle inclusions create a stunning star effect making the gemstone highly rare and interesting.
– One should always look for a Spinel in good symmetry and shape. Because of the scarcity of fine quality raw Spinel, this gemstone is mostly cut in standard size and shape that save maximum weight without distracting the beauty. Oval and cushion cut Spinel are the most popular choice for jewellery, however, round and emerald cut Spinel can also be found. High domes, round and oval Spinel cabochon (polished gems with no facets) can be a distinct choice, in case, you are not interested in the faceted spinels.
Buy Spinel Online at Best Price from GemPundit
We provide the GIA certified, loose Spinel for sale along with a FREE lab certificate.
Spinel Stone Price
Spinel value varies depending upon the quality and size. In the recent years, Spinel price has begun to increase steadily because of its growing popularity and demand in the gem and jewellery industry. Read on to gain expert knowledge on how the quality factors and size impact the Spinel stone price in India and other countries.
Note – Spinel gemstone price in India starts from Rs 1,500 per carat ($25 approx.) and some auction quality pieces can grab a whopping price of Rs 50,000 per carat ($780 approx.) and above. The natural Spinel price in other countries such as the UK, USA or UAE may vary due to the variation in the supply and demand equation.
Buyer Beware: Gemstone Weights in India are often expressed in Ratti (Spinel price per ratti). This system can be used to dupe customers who are not knowledgeable on how the conversion works. Read our guide to Understanding Gemstone Weights: Carats vs Ratti, and Don’t Get Fooled by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carats!
– The price of red and pink Spinels from Burma and Tanzania (Mahenge) remain high due to their extravagant beauty and immense rarity. The blue cobalt Spinels from Ceylon (Sri Lankan) also manage to draw a good value in the market.
– In the gem trade, certain Spinel colours are more valuable than the others. Like, the Red Spinel value often beats the price of orange and pink Spinel stones because red is more popular and rarer. Another equally valuable variety is the Blue Spinel that also commands a strong market value. In contrast, Black Spinel price per carat is comparatively less because it is easily available. Fancy colour Spinels are mostly inexpensive and their prices depend largely on their colour tone, intensity and saturation.
– In case of Spinel, a flawless gem rarely found. Though clarity is important, it is the location and type of inclusions that affect the Spinel gemstone price. Spinels with small inclusions positioned in a noticeable location in the gem often manage to get a good value if its colour is sensational. Spinel price per carat increases exponentially for highly transparent red and blue specimens with minimum visible inclusions.
– The way Spinel is cut also drives its value in the market. Generally, Spinels in commercial cuts like round, cushion and oval cut are more affordable than the highly customised emerald, square and rectangular pieces. Spinel cabochon is always the most affordable choice because it lacks facets and causes minimum wastage of rough.
– For the rare reds and blues, Spinel price per carat increases dramatically with the increase in size. On the other hand, no exponential increase is noted in the Black spinel price per carat even for bigger size stone due to its easy availability.
Shop for Spinel Stone Online from GemPundit!
We provide original, lab-certified Heliodor crystals for sale in India. UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Singapore, UAE (nearly 100+ countries).
Spinel is a unique mineral group that forms highly durable and coloured gemstones in different shades of red, blue, pink, green, orange, yellow and black. For centuries, the red and blue Spinel varieties are confused with the precious rubies and sapphires. It is interesting to know that the popular ‘Timur Ruby’ (Gem set in the necklace of Queen Victoria) and the Black Prince’s Ruby studded in the Imperial state crown of England is actually a superior quality spinel.
To learn more about this wonderful gemstone, please read our comprehensive notes on Spinel stone price, quality, meaning and benefits.
Finding a genuine Spinel gemstone is not easy these days. This is because of the increase in popularity of Turquoise in the international jewellery market and the decrease in its supply. There is a huge scarcity of fine quality, natural Red Spinels in the market.
To ensure a safe and secure gemstone shopping experience, it is very important to choose a reliable and trustworthy gem store and retailer to make the purchase. We always recommend people to buy natural Spinel certified by a trusted, independent gemological institution. This helps to get a written proof of the quality and authenticity of the gemstone you are willing to purchase.
At GemPundit, we provide natural, untreated Spinel gemstone for sale along with FREE lab certificate which you can easily purchase from our secure website.
At GemPundit, we have an exquisite collection of Spinel gemstone online at best prices. We also provide a FREE lab certificate to ensure you a safe and rewarding gemstone shopping experience.