Rutilated Quartz (also called Rutile Quartz) is a unique gem variety from the Quartz mineral family which is prized for its visible, hair-like rutile inclusions in golden, copper red, silver, brown, green or black color. These inclusions are present within the crystal in beautiful patterns that amplify the inner radiance and beauty of this wonderful gemstone. It is majorly worn for healing and jewelry purposes.
Who Should Wear a Rutilated Quartz Gemstone?
Natural Rutile Quartz is a dramatic gemstone that comes along with numerous metaphysical and healing properties. Due to its golden color, astrologers connect the Golden Yellow Rutilated Quartz with the mighty planet ‘Sun’. It is believed that wearing a Golden Rutilated Quartz can bring huge benefits for the people born under zodiac sign ruled by planet Sun.
In crystal healing therapies, it is said that the Rutile Quartz crystal energies resonate well with the Leo, Taurus and Gemini sign.
Rutile Quartz is also recommended as the modern birthstone for people born in the month of April.
Bearing a hardness of 7 on the Mohs Scale, Rutile Quartz gemstone is regarded as a durable jewelry gemstone that can resist daily wear and tear. It is often studded in precious metal to form beautiful rings, bracelets, pendants and bead necklaces etc.
Rutile Quartz stone is also appreciated as a wonderful aid for meditating. It is known for balancing all the body chakras and thereby helps to establish a spiritual connection.
Rutilated Quartz meaning comes from a Latin word ‘Rutilus’ translated as glowing red. The rutile element present in quartz is what makes this gemstone one of a kind, both physically and metaphysically. It is believed that the colored strands of the Rutilated Quartz healing crystals possess some protective and curative properties that can bring great benefits for the wearer. This gemstone is also addressed by other names such as ‘Rutilquarz’, ‘Sagenitic Quartz’, ‘Venus hair stone’ and ‘Angel Hair Quartz’ etc.
Will Rutilated Quartz suit me? Should I wear a Rutilated Quartz gemstone?
Find out whether Rutilated Quartz stone is right for you, using our Free Gemstone Recommendation Tool or Take an In-depth Phone Consultation with our Astrologers to find the right gemstone for you.
Improves Decision-making Power
– It is said that the Rutilated Quartz metaphysical properties help the individuals to cope up with the confusion in their personal and professional life. The crystal healers and therapist believe that wearing a natural Rutilated Quartz gemstone benefits the wearer to overcome the phobias and attain a strong thinking ability.
Promotes Spirituality & Meditation Practices
– In Chakra Healing Therapies, Rutile Quartz is known for having a balancing effect on various Chakras of the body, especially the ‘Crown Chakra’ and the ‘Root Chakra’. Therefore, Rutilated Quartz is often recommended for people who experience lack of concentration while doing meditation or any other spiritual activities.
Bestows Blissful Relationship
– Ancient people connected Rutile Quartz with Venus which is regarded as the planet of love and beauty. Wearing a natural Golden Rutilated Quartz benefits the couples hugely by strengthening their relationship and restoring love and mutual understanding.
– Golden Rutilated Quartz healing properties are highly revered in the medical astrology. It is regarded as an excellent gemstone to heal ailments related to the respiratory tract, thyroid gland, nervous system and skin. It is believed that the soothing energies of this gem promote cell regeneration, repair torn tissues and slow down the ageing process.
Rutilated Quartz (Sagenitic Quartz) is a semi-precious gemstone which is hugely admired for its beauty and uniqueness. The glistening luster and distinct characteristics of the natural Sagenitic Quartz make this gemstone a wonderful selection for making statement jewellery. It is always recommended to read a little on the Rutile Quartz quality factors prior the purchase to ensure an easy and convenient gemstone shopping experience.
– In the gemstone industry, Rutile Quartz is often found in a colorless form which offers the best view of the rutile needles. Some Brown rutilated quartz and Blackened Rutile Quartz (Smoky) are also available but they are less common. One can also find other color varieties of Quartz with Rutile, but the tone is majorly because of the color of rutile present in it. For instance – Quartz bearing red rutile needles is often addressed as Red Rutilated Quartz. It goes similarly for Pink Rutilated Quartz, Green Rutilated Quartz, Blue Rutilated Quartz and Purple Rutilated Quartz.
Color & Pattern of Rutile Needles
– The most important factor in a rutile quartz gemstone is the needles growth (rutile needles made up of Titanium Oxide, TiO2) present inside the crystal in some fascinating patterns. It can be distributed in parallel, criss-cross, star-like or any random pattern. Some stones come with few rutile while others are absolutely full of rutile needles. Typically, the more uniform the needles pattern and direction of growth, the better is the quality. A beautifully crystallised six-rayed star Rutilated Quartz is hard to come across and is quite valuable.
– In most of the gemstone, the presence of eye visible inclusions reduces the quality of a natural gemstone. But surprisingly, the criterion is exactly opposite for the rutile quartz gemstones, as the velvety silk rutile inclusion instead of reducing, adds more value to the gem. The clarity in this gemstone is majorly associated with the level of transparency that ranges from glassy clean to completely opaque. Transparent quartz with rutile is considered more desirable as it displays the inclusions more clearly and beautifully.
– The cutting style can influence the quality of a Rutile Quartz gemstone, greatly. Poorly faceted Rutilated Quartz loses its shine and value whereas a skillfully faceted Rutile Quartz gem can display rutile needles more beautifully. In the market, one can also find some nicely designed Rutilated Quartz sphere, cabochon, eggs and ball which are majorly used in the crystal therapies and healing processes.
– Gem quality Rutilated Quartz rough comes from a variety of locations including Brazil, Australia, Madagascar, Nepal, Pakistan, India, US and Mexico. Amongst different origin varieties, Brazilian Rutilated Quartz is the most popular.
Buy Rutilated Quartz online from GemPundit.
We have a huge inventory of Rutile Quartz online for sale at the most budget-friendly prices.
Rutilated Quartz value depends on the 4 Cs of quality – color, clarity, cut and carat weight. The uniqueness in pattern and color of the rutile inclusions also affect the prices of Rutile Quartz in the market.
Note – Rutilated Quartz stone prices in India ranges between Rs…………. per carat ($.........) to Rs……………. per carat ($...........) depending on the quality grade. Its prices in other countries such as UK, USA and UAE may differ depending on the availability and demand.
Buyer Beware: Gemstone Weights in India are often expressed in Ratti (e.g. – Rutilated Quartz stone price per ratti). This system can be used to dupe customers who are not knowledgeable on how the conversion works. Read our guide to Understanding Gemstone Weights: Carats vs Ratti, and Don’t Get Fooled by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carats!
– The transparent Rutile Quartz with yellow golden tone is highly sought-after for its aesthetic appeal and metaphysical properties. Therefore, its cost is always higher than the other types of Rutilated Quartz. Black Rutilated Quartz and Red Rutilated Quartz are the next popular and valued color varieties.
Color & Pattern of Rutile Needles
– This exclusive gem variety is prized for the fascinating patterns formed by the rutile inclusions inside the crystal. The gems containing golden, red, copper brown and black needles spread uniformly in some striking patterns are considered quite valuable. Rutile Quartz exhibiting a star-like pattern is rarely found in nature and is therefore considered as the most highly prized piece.
– Rutilated Quartz gemstone is expected to have visible rutile inclusions. However, it may also contain some other impurities in the form of negative crystals, iron pieces, three-phase inclusions, liquid drops etc. In this type of quartz, inclusion is not a big concern, rather the level of transparency is the matter of consideration. Usually, the pieces with good transparency appear more beautiful and lustrous. That’s how they manage to draw higher price in the market.
– Being a durable and affordable gemstone, Rutile Quartz is more often styled with deep facets (cuts) to enhances its beauty and luster. Generally, the faceted Rutilated Quartz gemstones in highly customised cuts are pricier than the Rutilated Quartz cabochons (non-faceted, polished gems). In faceted gems, the round and oval pieces are more readily available and hence they are cheaper than the gems in unconventional checkerboard, trillion and other fancy shapes.
– Large Rutilated Quartz raw stones are comfortably found in nature. Therefore, the increase in carat weight (size) doesn’t create a drastic impact on the per carat price of Rutilated Quartz gemstone. However, certain pieces with some exclusive pattern, color and cut may command a higher premium due to their rarity and uniqueness.
Browse our unique collection of 100% natural, original Rutilated Quartz for sale.
At GemPundit, we provide high quality Rutilated Quartz loose gemstones for sale in India, Dubai, UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Singapore, UAE and nearly 100+ countries.
Rutilated Quartz is a colorless variety of Quartz that contains inclusions of rutile. Each gemstone comes with a unique distribution of inclusions of wispy rods, needles and clusters. The needle-like growth comes in different colors from yellowish orange, orangish-red to brown, golden and black.
It is regarded as a wonderful jewelry stone that can be used for creating statement rings, pendants and bracelets. But, this gemstone holds a deep metaphysical meaning as well. Crystal healers believe that the balancing energies of this gemstone resonates well with all Chakras of the body and helps the person to stay focused and peaceful at the same time. It soothing energies have protective and healing tendencies that help the wearer to deal with various physical and mental ailments. The best part is its affordability that allows people with different budgets to own a Rutile Quartz of their choice.
For more information, please read our comprehensive Rutilated Quartz buying guide to get in-depth knowledge of Rutile Quartz quality, price and benefits.
Just like other semi-precious gemstones, the price of a natural Rutilated Quartz loose gemstone depends on its color, clarity, cut, carat weight and uniqueness in color and pattern of inclusions. The cost of an original Rutilated Quartz in India ranges from Rs……… per carat ($...........) to Rs………. per carat ($..........) and plus depending upon the quality grade.