Pigeon blood ruby is the most sought-after color variety of ruby gemstone. Pigeon Blood Ruby meaning is primarily associated with its color that matches exactly with the blood drawn from a freshly killed pigeon.It displays bright red hue with a slight tint of purple that appears deep red when seen in light. This color-effect makes Pigeon Blood Red Ruby gemstone, universally popular and astrologically most relevant.
Pigeon Blood Ruby
Pigeon blood ruby is the most sought-after color variety of ruby gemstone. Pigeon Blood Ruby meaning is primarily associated with its color that matches exactly with the blood drawn from a freshly killed pigeon. It displays bright red hue with a slight tint of purple that appears deep red when seen in light. This color-effect makes Pigeon Blood Red Ruby gemstone, universally popular and astrologically most relevant.
Burmese Pigeon Blood Ruby
People often confuse Blood red ruby stone with Burmese Ruby (also known as Burma or Myanmar Ruby). This is because a majority of Pigeon blood ruby stones come from the mines of Burma (now Myanmar) and are addressed as Burmese Pigeon Blood Red Ruby. For this reason, people mistakenly address Pigeon Blood Ruby as Old Burma ruby or vice-versa. It is important to understand that Pigeon Blood Red Ruby gemstone is named after its color and not its origin.
Being uncommonly rare and most desirable, Pigeon Blood red ruby Burma commands high premium in the global gem market. The price of Burmese Pigeon Blood rubies is assessed chiefly on Color, Clarity and Cut.
– Out of all quality factors, Color bears the most profound impact on Burmese Pigeon Blood Ruby price. The best quality Rubies from Burma display Pigeon Blood hue, exceptional clarity and strong florescence (brightness). It possesses excellence in terms of color saturation, consistency and tone.
Burmese Pigeon Blood Ruby
– Rubies from Burma are fairly included with silk inclusions and these inclusions are accepted as the basic nature of gemstone. Therefore, one can expect a significant rise in Burmese Pigeon Blood rubies value for highly clean pieces.
– A well-polished Pigeon Blood Red Burmese Ruby appears brighter and more lustrous, hence, draws a good premium. However, Pigeon Blood Ruby Burma is rarely found in deep fancy cuts to minimise the wastage of rough stone.
Are you looking for Rubies from Burma or Burmese Ruby?
Despite of bearing the finest color, Blood Red Ruby stone is further assessed by its Origin, Color Strength (Fluorescence), Clarity and Cut to find best from the best. As per the quality ethics, a well faceted, large size Ruby bearing pigeon blood red color, strong fluorescence (intense glow) and optimum clarity (preferably from Burma), belongs to the category of rarest of the rare gemstone. Ruby gemstones of such quality are not sold, rather, auctioned in millions of dollars.
– Traditionally, the gemstone industry was dominated by Pigeon Blood Rubies from Burma (mostly from the Mong Hsu and Mogok mine). But, in recent years, natural pigeon blood ruby has also been found from the ruby mines of Madagascar, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Tajikistan and Mozambique. But still, Burmese Pigeon Blood rubies hold a great significance for their quality, rarity and popularity.
Lot of Ruby Burma Pigeon Blood at GemPundit
– Pigeon Blood color signifies the vivid pure red hue with no overtones of orange or brown. The intensity of brightness in color (Fluorescence) helps to differentiate Pigeon Blood Red Rubies bearing similar red hue. Blood red rubies from Burma are characterized by their medium to strong florescence. Mozambique Pigeon Blood Ruby generally possesses very little or no fluorescence.
Pigeon Blood Ruby from Burma
Pigeon Blood Ruby from Mozambique
– Rubies are mostly included. Even the finest color rubies are expected to have few inclusions because eye clean rubies practically don’t exist. The volume, natural and location of inclusions is what decides the quality. Stones with large and prominently visible inclusions hampers transparency, hence, lowers the Pigeon Blood Ruby value.
– A skilfully faceted, natural, Blood red ruby appears brighter, cleaner and more lustrous. The cutting process causes weight loss, but it is well-compensated by stone’s overall appearance and market worth.
– Ruby Pigeon Blood Star – Pigeon Blood Star ruby is an exclusive variety of Pigeon Blood Ruby that displays a unique visual effect called Asterism or Star Effect. These rubies contain microscopic silk inclusions that display a star-like luminous effect on the surface when seen under light source. Pigeon Blood red star ruby is generally semi-transparent and shaped in cabochon (polished not faceted).
Natural Pigeon Blood Red Ruby is rarer than diamonds. It continues to bring top prices in the wholesale trade as well as in auctions. Due to its international demand and high rarity, Pigeon Blood Red Ruby price is determined by assessing each gemstone carefully. Origin, Color Intensity, Clarity, Cut and Carat weight are the major factors influencing Blood Red Ruby value.
Notes - Pigeon Blood Red Ruby price in India begins from Rs 3 Lakh per carat ($4665 approx.) and can go upto Crores per carat and above, depending upon quality and weight.
Buyer Beware: Gemstone Weights in India are often expressed in Ratti. This system can be used to dupe customers who are not knowledgeable on how the conversion works. Read our guide to Understanding Gemstone Weights: Carats vs Ratti, and Don’t Get Fooled by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carats!
– Due to its deep, brilliant red hue and relatively superior clarity, Burmese Pigeon Blood ruby price remains higher than rubies of other origin. Stones from Madagascar, Mozambique and Vietnam are usually the next most preferred choices.
–The intensity of color in red ruby stones and its overall brilliance create a notable difference in the Pigeon Blood ruby value. Generally, the stones with strong fluorescence fetch higher premium than stones with no or weak fluorescence.
Clarity – Clarity also bears an influence over Blood red ruby prices. Pigeon Blood ruby gemstone with minimum eye visible inclusions are extremely rare. Therefore, one can expect a higher premium for exceptionally clean stones.
– Clarity also bears an influence over Blood red ruby prices. Pigeon Blood ruby gemstone with minimum eye visible inclusions are extremely rare. Therefore, one can expect a higher premium for exceptionally clean stones.
- Rough of high quality Pigeon Blood Red Ruby stones are highly controlled by gem cutters to save maximum carat weight. Typically, a Pigeon Blood ruby cabochon (non-faceted, polished stone) is cheaper than a faceted stone because it retains maximum weight. Blood Red Ruby value increases substantially for gems in symmetrical, well proportionate cut.
– Star ruby stones are densely packed with microscopic rutile inclusions which make them appear translucent to opaque. Opaque gems are mostly cut in cabochon (non-faceted, polished gemstone) to obtain a perfect star effect on the smooth and polished upper surface. As per the gem cutters, a well-shaped dome exhibits a bright and clear star effect and therefore demands a good market value.
– Fine quality Rubies above few carats, are rarely found in nature. Therefore, Pigeon Blood Ruby price per carat increases exponentially when moving beyond two or more carats.
Sunrise Ruby – Pigeon Blood Ruby of 25.59 carats auctioned at Geneva
Buy certified, loose Pigeon Blood Rubies from GemPundit
Call our Gem Experts to know the latest update on Pigeon Blood Ruby stone price in India INDIA: +91 11 4084 4599
Benefits of Pigeon Blood Ruby
Astrologers strongly believe in the metaphysical properties of Ruby gemstone (Manik ratna). According this vedic science,Ruby represents powerful planet Sun and helps the wearer gain positive influence of this planet. Since, Pigeon Blood Rubies bear the finest color and superior clarity, hence considered astrologically, most relevant. Western astrology also recommendsruby gemstone as July Birthstone.
Will Pigeon Blood Red Ruby Suit me? Should I wear a Pigeon Blood Red Ruby?
Find out whether Ruby is right for you, using our Free Gemstone Recommendation Tool or Take an In-depth Phone Consultation with our Astrologers to find the right gemstone for you.
Supports Professional & Career Growth
– Ruby gemstone is known to benefit people involved in high authority jobs such as administrative services, diplomacy, politics etc. It is also considered beneficial for students preparing for competitive exams.
Enhances Financial Graph
– Astrological deeply believe that wearing Manik ratan helps to improve the wearer’s financial condition and social status. It further helps people to balance their expenses and luxurious lifestyle.
Revitalizes Heart, Bone & Eyes
– Being associated with Atma-karaka – Sun, Ruby gemstone is known to bear numerous healing properties. It is considered beneficial for people suffering from ailments of circulatory system, eyesight or bones.
Improves Paternal Relationships
– As per sacred vedas, Sun represents father-figure in the Kundli. Hence, it is believed that Manikya stone helps wearer to strengthen relation with father. It improves the father’s weakened circumstances as well.
Note - For astrological reason, one can buy Rubies in other subtle hue, other than Pigeon Blood Red. It is more important to wear a good quality, natural ruby stone with positive feel to gain best result rather than stressing over ruby stone of particular shade or origin. Click here to buy certified, 100% natural Ruby gemstone online at GemPundit.
Burma is known universally for producing finest quality ruby gemstone, since sixteenth century. It contributes the major share of Pigeon Blood red rubies available world-wide. Due to the long history of Burma origin in producing high quality pigeon blood red rubies, it is one of the most well prized gem of the world. Due to the reduced supply and high demand, the price of Pigeon Blood Ruby from this origin remains high as people still want a Burma Pigeon Blood Ruby in their collection. Click here to buy Burmese Pigeon Blood Ruby for sale at GemPundit .
Pigeon Blood Ruby is a valuable gemstone; hence, it is advisable to purchase these stones only from trusted sellers of the industry. While purchasing a loose Pigeon Blood Ruby gemstone online, it is very important to ask for lab certificates to ensure the quality. GemPundit is one of the leading provider of loose gemstones and colored gemstone jewelry on internet. One can find a decent variety of untreated and unheated Pigeon Blood Red Ruby for Sale, supported by high quality photos and videos. At GemPundit, we also have a hand chosen collection of Burmese Pigeon Blood red rubies online at most competitive prices. For more information, Contact our Customer Support Team
Pigeon Blood Ruby is a highly valuable gemstone. Therefore, it is very important to ensure its genuineness before making a final purchase. At GemPundit, we always provide 100% natural, original ruby gemstones only, along with genuine Lab Certificates (Beware! Fake labs do exist).
Here is some important information regarding the Pigeon Blood Ruby Gem Certificates.
Internationally renowned labs like GIA and SSEF have strict requirements for the gemstone to gain the ‘Pigeon Blood Red’ label.
GRS is the first and leading issuer of Pigeon Blood Red Ruby reports.
GIA mentions the term ‘Pigeon Blood Red’ in the comment section of its report.
Amongst all the major gem labs, only AGL refrains from mentioning the ‘Pigeon Blood Red’ term in its report.