Kyanite gemstones belong to the Silicate mineral family. They are recognized for their magnificent metaphysical and healing properties. Kyanite gemstones come in striking shades of green, orange, black, grey, yellow, white, and blue being the most popular ones.
Kyanite is a gorgeous gemstone that is addressed as ‘disthène’ and even ‘cyanite’ sometimes. It will be interesting to know that Kyanite meaning is derived from the Greek term ‘Kyanos’ which is roughly translated as ‘deep blue’.
Kyanite gemstones are quite durable. Therefore, these brilliant blue gemstones are often used to make blue Kyanite Jewelry items like kyanite beads, kyanite pendant, blue kyanite ring, and blue kyanite bracelet.
Due to the stunning blue color, Vedic astrologers connect Kyanite gemstone with the powerful planet ‘Saturn’. Kyanite, referred to as high vibration crystal, is recommended for people dealing with a lack of professional growth, stress, and confusion in life. In crystal healing therapies, Kyanite is regarded as a highly effective healing gemstone that can cure numerous physical and psychological issues. Astrologically, Blue Kyanite properties are considered helpful for keeping the wearer calm, positive and productive. Kyanite gemstone is recommended as a pocket-friendly substitute for Blue Sapphire and is considered good for Capricorn and Aquarius zodiac signs.
– According to the therapists, Kyanite healing properties are highly beneficial for individuals struggling in their relationship. Wearing a good quality, natural blue Kyanite benefits people by reviving love, understanding, and affection towards the partner.
Tranquilises Anxious Mind
– In Vedic scriptures, the presence of afflicted or weak Saturn in the individual’s birth chart is considered responsible for his financial and psychological problems. Astrologers believe that wearing a Blue Kyanite gemstone benefits individuals in overcoming stress, confusion, frustration, and anxiety in a mature way.
Boosts Communication & Memory
– Chakra healing therapies find Kyanite gemstone as an effective remedy to improve one’s communication-related issues and poor memory. Healers and therapists strongly believe that Kyanite stimulates all Chakras of the body for overall well being. Particularly, it stimulates the throat chakra and third eye chakra to improve the ability to express and memorize.
Heals Body Pain & Sensory Ailments
– Many astrologers find the use of Kyanite good for people suffering from chronic body pain, hearing impairment, thyroid, blood pressure, poor eyesight or loss of smell. Blue Kyanite healing properties benefit the wearer by stimulating their sensory organs and treating pain.
Quality and Prices
Kyanites of different qualities are available in the market. Now the question arises how to distinguish a premium quality Kyanite from the average ones. There are various factors that help decide the quality of a Kyanite gemstone.
– Gem quality Kyanite rough stone comes from the mining locations of Australia, Brazil, Austria, Kenya, India (Orissa – Blue-green Kyanite stone), Myanmar (Burma), Cambodia, Nepal, Russia, Zimbabwe, Serbia, Switzerland, Tanzania (Orange Kyanite) and the USA. Being finest in terms of color and clarity, Kyanite from Nepal draws the best price in the market. Gemologists believe that Nepalese kyanites are fine quality blue gemstones and look incredibly beautiful when customized in jewelry.
– Color is mainly considered while pricing a Kyanite gem. Kyanite gemstone price remains the highest for deep, vibrant blue Kyanite stones. The presence of significant color zoning often reduces the Kyanite value. Other shades such as white, green and Black kyanite are relatively less common and are prized for their rarity and beauty.
– Kyanite gemstone with eye clean clarity, good transparency, and brilliant luster demand a premium for their immense rarity. Kyanite with plenty of eye visible flaws appear less attractive and can be purchased at a lower cost. In terms of clarity, Kyanite gemstones are transparent to translucent in appearance with few inclusions.
– The physical properties of Kyanite (variable hardness) often make it difficult for the gem cutter to experiment much with the shape and cut. Customizing Kyanite in fancy shapes involves a higher labor cost, more rough wastage and requires enough time. Hence, faceted Kyanite gemstone prices for fancy gems in cushion cut or square cut, etc. are always higher than the simple round and oval ones. For a pocket-friendly option, one can look for a well-polished Kyanite cabochon.
– With the increase in the carat size, the price of a Kyanite crystal increases provided, the quality remains good.
According to the gem traders, Kyanite usually costs an average of Rs 400 per carat ($6 approx.), but the price of Kyanite also depends on its color, cut and clarity. The most valuable Kyanite stones are often consistent, deep blue in color with a luminous glow and good transparency.
Note – In India, Kyanite price per carat starts from Rs 400 per carat ($6 approx.) but can reach as high as Rs 2, 000 per carat ($30 approx.) for top-quality gems. Prices in other countries such as the UK, USA or UAE may vary with the supply and demand cycle.
In the market, Kyanite gemstones are found in different quality grades. Not only this but many synthetic Kyanites are also sold in the market in the name of original ones. Therefore, it is very important for the customers to get proper details of the gemstone from the gem laboratory. To ensure our customers of the quality of our products, we provide them with a free lab certificate with each item.
We always advise our buyers not to get fascinated by the lower prices and end up buying a cheap, treated gem. We always deal with natural gemstones that are certified by trusted gemological institutions. GemPundit is one of India’s leading online gem stores dealing in certified natural gemstones and gemstone jewelry. We have a huge collection of natural, unheated and untreated Kyanite gemstones online at the most budget-friendly prices. If you are looking out for a fine quality Kyanite gemstone, our experts can help you in finding some good options within your budget.
Kyanite is a brilliant gemstone from the Silicate mineral that is found in a variety of colors like blue, green, yellow, grey, orange, green, and black. Each Kyanite color has its own beauty and spiritual significance. However, the Blue Kyanite stone is exclusively popular for its extravagant charm and a strong metaphysical significance. The top quality Blue Kyanite may appear akin to the precious Blue Sapphire and is therefore recommended as its budget-friendly alternative for jewelry and astrological purposes. The other shades such as Green Kyanite, Orange Kyanite, Indigo Kyanite, and Black Kyanite are mainly worn for healing, protection, and ornamentation.
To ensure that you are buying a real, unheated and untreated Kyanite, always ask the seller to provide a gem certificate along with the gemstone. The gem certificate issued by a trusted, authentic gem lab contains all the relevant information and serves as a reliable proof of authenticity. It also provides details about the color, weight, size and treatment indications of the gemstone. Choosing a trustworthy retailer is another good way to get surety about the quality and authenticity of the Kyanite gemstone you are purchasing. An established brand is always conscious of their reputation. Therefore, they will never use any malpractices that can spoil their brand value in the industry. If you are looking for raw blue kyanite, You can find multiple options at GemPundit.
Kyanite gemstones are durable with a hardness rate of 6.5 to 7 on the Mohs scale and can
stand up to daily wear. However, it is always recommended to clean your Kyanite stone with Lukewarm soapy water and a soft brush. Make sure to rinse the stone well after
washing it. Do not steam clean your Kyanite.