Jasper gemstone is available in more than hundreds of varieties. The quality is often judged by assessing its Origin, Color and Surface texture. A fine colored, natural Jasper without any eye visible grooves or pit is always considered the best quality Jasper gemstone.
1. Red Jasper crystal – Also known as the stone of endurance, Red Jasper stone helps to improve physical strength and stamina. It also stimulates positive energy that helps reduces stress and anxiety.
2. Ocean Jasper – Ocean jasper crystal belongs to orbicular jasper family and is majorly found in Madagascar. The body color of Ocean jasper stone is white with oval patterns. It is a stone of happiness and tranquility and is primarily worn to bring calmness and peace of mind to the wearer.
3. Camel Jasper – It is a light brown colored jasper stone which is characterized by color banding and unique patterns. It is majorly sourced from India. This brown Jasper gemstone is primarily worn to cure depression, anxiety and stress.
4. Fancy Jasper – This variety contains a mix of colors such as purple, mauve, green and cream. This gemstone is also known for bringing a sense of positivity and well-being.
5. Picture Jasper – This exclusive variety of brown jasper crystal is characterized by the unique scenic patterns present on its surface. Picture jasper stone is worn to inspire creativity and is considered highly effective for people in creative professions.
6. Green Jasper – Pure green jasper crystal is a rare variety since its surface mostly contains colored patches. Green jasper is worn to improve fertility, heal anxious minds and improve relationships.
7. Yellow Jasper – As its name depicts, Yellow jasper gemstone is a yellow colored variety mined from Russia, India, Australia etc. Regarded as the stone of intellect, this gemstone is considered ideal for scholars, writers and poets.
8. Kambaba Jasper Stone – It is a green colored variety of Jasper obtained from Madagascar and South Africa. Just like other varieties, Kambaba jasper gemstone is worn to strengthen optimism by subsiding negative thoughts and emotions and thereby promoting self-confidence in the wearer. It is also considered an effective stone for sound digestive health.
9. Brecciated Jasper – Also denoted as Poppy jasper, this variety contains patches of white, yellow, black and brown that enhances its appearance. This gemstone is known to lend wearer the sense of wholeness and tranquility.
10. Mookaite Jasper – Originated in Australia, Mookaite jasper stone comes in red and light-yellow color. It is believed that Mookaite jasper healing properties help improve the wearer’s internal strength and will power to deal with difficult situations in life.
11. Dalmatian Jasper – Dalmatian jasper gemstone is a pale grey or creamish colored stone with black and brown spots. It is worn to stimulate positive energies and combat exhaustion.
12. Rainforest Jasper – It’s a beautiful green Jasper variety differentiated by the colored patches present on the surface. Rainforest jasper healing properties helps the wearer to give up addictive tendencies.
Jasper stone has been valued since centuries for its strong healing properties. This immensely effective healing gemstone was trusted by people of different civilizations including Persians, Greeks, Hebrews and Arabs. In color healing therapies, this gemstone is highly recommended to cure wearer’s physical, mental and emotional health.
Cures Anxiety and Creative Blocks – Astrologers believe that wearing a fancy jasper gemstone benefits individual to overcome anxiety and stress. It also promotes rational thinking and stimulates creativity.
Improves Spiritual Awareness – Due to its association with Throat Chakra, Jasper gemstone is considered helpful in shifting wearer’s inclination towards spiritual activities. The positive energies of Jasper gemstone benefits people by improving their concentration and supporting spiritual activities.
Heals Chronic Ailments – In alternative healing therapies, it is believed that jasper stone benefits individuals undergoing prolonged treatments by expediting their recovery. It also promotes body de-toxification and cell regenerations.
Bestows Marital & Progeny Bliss– Wearing jasper stone benefits people by improving their relationship with the partner. It helps to restore harmony and mutual understanding. Jasper gem is also suggested to be worn by couples struggling with bearing child.
Stimulates Creativity & Intellect
Supports Spiritual Activities
Cures Chronic Disorders
Bestows Marital & Progeny Bliss
Unlike other precious gemstones, Jasper is abundantly available in nature. For this reason, one may not find a drastic increase in Jasper price even for superior quality and big size stones. Origin, Color, Pattern, Texture and Shape are some factors that help to evaluate Jasper stone value.
Note -: Jasper price per carat in India ranges from Rs 100 ($1.5 approx.) to Rs 200 ($3 approx.) per ct. and plus. Jasper international prices may vary depending upon the availability.
Gemstone prices in India are calculated both in Carats as well as Ratti. Since, carat is a bigger unit, Jasper price per carat appears slightly higher than Jasper price per ratti.
1 Ratti = 0.91 Carats
Jasper gemstone is available in more than hundreds of varieties. The quality is often judged by assessing its Origin, Color and Surface texture. A fine colored, natural Jasper without any eye visible grooves or pit is always considered most desirable.
Origin – Jasper mining occurs all over the globe, and its different varieties are resourced from a no. of origins. Most prominent Jasper mines are found in Brazil, Australia, Africa, Egypt, India, Canada, Madagascar, United States, Mexico, Russia and Kazakhstan. These origins resource the most notable Jasper varieties such as Red Jasper, Ocean Jasper etc.
Color – Jasper gemstones occur in as many shades as in rainbow and in as many patterns as in kaleidoscope. Each color is unique and every color pattern has its own beauty and metaphysical significance. Some common Jasper colour varieties include Red jasper, Black jasper, Blue Jasper, Brown jasper, Green jasper, Yellow jasper etc. Other less popular varieties occur in off-shades such as orange jasper stone, purple jasper stone, grey jasper stone, pink jasper stone, multicolored jasper etc.