Green Tourmaline or Verdelite is a natural, semi-precious, green colored Tourmaline gemstone. According to vedic astrology, this gemstone can be worn as a substitute of emerald to gain better intellectual ability, refined oratory skills and good health. Due to its vibrant color and luster, it is also regarded as an excellent gemstone for jewelry.
Who Should Wear a Green Tourmaline stone?
Green Tourmaline meaning Turmali in Hindi is considered as an effective gem for individuals who are ruled by the planet ‘Mercury’. It is said that wearing a Green Tourmaline is highly beneficial for people dealing with low-confidence, poor health condition or career-related issues.
Vedic astrology recommends Green Tourmaline gemstone for Mithun (Gemini) and Kanya (Virgo) rashi.
Western astrology prescribes Green Tourmaline birthstone for October born.
Green Tourmaline gem can also be worn by Aries, Cancer, Leo and Scorpio.
Suitable Ascendants – Aries, Cancer, Leo & Scorpio
Green Tourmaline Benefits
Green Tourmaline (or Verdelite Tourmaline) is recognised as a substitute of Emerald in Indian astrology, implying the similar nature of benefits of Green tourmaline. However, it is important to understand that the astrological benefits of Green tourmaline (being a substitute) may take a longer time to material and may differ in terms of expectations.
Will Green Tourmaline suit me? Should I wear a Green Tourmaline/Verdelite gemstone?
Find out whether Green Tourmaline stone is right for you, using our Free Gemstone Recommendation Tool or Take an In-depth Phone Consultation with our Astrologers to find the right gemstone for you.
Promotes Financial Growth
– The positive energies of Green tourmaline are believed to have a good effect on the financial status of the wearer. Astrologers thus strongly recommend Green Tourmaline for professionals working in bank, finance, trading, stock marketing and bookkeeping etc.
Improves Intellectual & Creative Abilities
– People from ancient cultures trusted that Green tourmaline metaphysical properties help to strengthen the wearer’s memory, analytical skills and reasoning power. Even today this gemstone is worn by students and creative professionals for improving concentration and intellect.
Strengthens Communication Skills
– According to the sacred vedas, Mercury rules communication skills of the native. Therefore, wearing a Green tourmaline gemstone benefits the individuals suffering from speech related issues and low confidence. It also helps people to develop a better social and professional relationship.
Cures Ear, Eye & Skin Disorders
– In alternate healing therapies, it is believed that Green Tourmaline healing properties help to cure eye, ear and skin related problems. Relief from allergies, depression, anxiety and stress are other important astrological benefits of Green Tourmaline gemstone.
Click here to read Green Tourmaline Benefits in Hindi
Green Tourmaline Stone Benefits
Success in Financial Pursuits
Improves Creativity, Intellect & Communication Skills
Heals Eye, Ear & Skin Ailments
Origin, color, clarity, and cut are the major quality determining factors of a Green Tourmaline gemstone. All these factors should be examined very carefully to assure that you are getting value for your money. The best quality Green tourmaline gemstone is expected to have good transparency, brilliant luster, and attractive green hue.
– Brazil, Namibia, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Mozambique, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Kenya, Tanzania, United States (California & Maine) are some of the major Green tourmaline mining locations in the world. Amongst all these origin, Green tourmaline from Brazil, Tanzania and Sri Lanka are considered best because of their fine color and clarity.
– Green tourmaline color ranges from vivid green to blue-green, dark green, intense yellowish green, olive green and brownish green etc. Amongst all these shades, the fine green and bright blue green tourmaline gemstones draw maximum attention of the buyers. Astrologically, the deep Green tourmaline gems can be considered as well. However, the extremely light or dark Green tourmaline stones usually come under secondary choice.
– Natural Green tourmaline is relative cleaner than other tourmaline varieties. They usually show good transparency and brilliant luster. However, due to geographical factors, some Green tourmaline crystals may contain eye visible flaws such as liquid-filled fractures, color zoning and needle inclusions. As a rule, the quality of loose Green tourmaline lowers with the increase in number of visible inclusions.
– Green tourmaline rough found inside the quartz matrix in the form of cylindrical rods. The raw Green tourmaline stone is often faceted into beautiful rectangular shapes that not just retain maximum weight but also bring out the best color. Square cushion, rectangular cushion, rectangular and emerald cut Green tourmaline are some popular choices.
Are you looking for a certified Green Tourmaline for sale?
At GemPundit, we provide high quality Green Tourmaline stones for sale at the most budget-friendly prices.
Being a robust gemstone (Green Tourmaline hardness is 7 on Mohs scale) and abundantly available in nature, Green tourmaline is used in jewelry on commercial scale. Its prices are majorly influenced by the color and less by other factors. Yet, origin, clarity and cut carry some degree of influence on Green tourmaline value.
Note – Green tourmaline price in India usually falls between Rs 450 per carat ($7 approx.) to Rs 2,000 per carat ($30 approx.) and above. One may find a slight difference in Green tourmaline stone price in other countries like U.S.A, UK or UAE due to the variation in supply-demand equation.
Buyer Beware: Gemstone Weights in India are often expressed in Ratti (e.g. – Green Tourmaline stone price per ratti). This system can be used to dupe customers who are not knowledgeable on how the conversion works. Read our guide to Understanding Gemstone Weights: Carats vs Ratti, and Don’t Get Fooled by Gemstone Prices in Ratti, instead of Carats!
– Due to its fine color and clarity, Brazilian Green tourmaline commands the highest value in the market. However, Green tourmaline from other origins can also fetch good prices if the color and clarity remains consistent.
- The cost of Green tourmaline is decided nearly by its color. Chrome green tourmaline value remains the highest due to its rarity and high aesthetic value. The unique and brighter colors usually draw better value in the market. Therefore, the olive-green tourmaline, Mint green tourmaline, Sea Green tourmaline and Blue green tourmaline price per carat easily outstrips the value of overly dark or very light Green tourmalines.
– Gems derived from good quality Green tourmaline rough are usually transparent and considerably clean. Such pieces are often sold at a higher value. In contrast, Green tourmaline stone prices reduce substantially for highly included gems with poor transparency.
The finely cut Green tourmaline that displays its inherent beauty to the greatest extend commands a cost for quality. Apart from the beauty, commercial consideration also influences the Green Tourmaline gemstone prices. The price of Green Tourmaline in a commercial cut (rectangular cut, emerald cut, oval cut) is always less than highly faceted gems. Green tourmaline cabochons usually serve as an economical option.
- Currently, Green tourmaline price per grams doesn’t increase significantly with size because of its sufficient supply. It is not until one gets into considerably large Green tourmaline of highly superior quality. For such premium quality gemstones, Green tourmaline cost per carat may reach over few hundred dollars per carat.
Browse our unique collection of 100% natural, original Green tourmaline crystal for sale.
At GemPundit, we provide high quality Green Tourmaline loose gems for sale in India, Dubai, UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Singapore, UAE and nearly 100+ countries.
Green Tourmaline, also addressed as Verdelite gemstone is a brilliant green colored Tourmaline gemstone which is regarded as an effective astrological gem and affordable jewelry gemstone. To help your Green tourmaline online shopping go smoothly, please read our in-depth Guide on Green Tourmaline Quality and Price. You can also buy certified Green tourmaline stone online from GemPundit at the most reasonable prices. We deliver our products not just in India (Jaipur, Delhi, Kolkata etc.) but also in 100+ countries world-over.
Emerald is undoubtedly a better gemstone from the astrological perspective. In vedic astrology, this precious natural green gemstone is known for strengthening the planet Mercury in the wearer’s horoscope and thereby brings along enormous benefits. It is powerful gemstone therefore, we always recommend people to take a Gem Recommendation to check its suitability. One can use our FREE Gem Recommendation tool or can drop a Request a Call back from our learned astrologers.
On the other hand, Green Tourmaline is a green colored semi-precious gemstone of the Tourmaline family. This gemstone is often worn as the substitute of Emerald to gain similar benefits. According to vedic astrology, upratna (substitute – green tourmaline) usually takes a longer time to materialise its benefits in comparison to the primary gemstone. Apart from its astrological use, Green tourmaline is equally popular as a jewelry gemstone. For those who want to buy Green Tourmaline online, we have a huge inventory of fine quality loose Green Tourmaline online for sale at best prices. Browse now!