Pearl - Birthstone of June
Published on Jul 05, 2020
Pearl gemstone, also known as "Moti" in Hindi, is the birthstone of June. This precious gem exhibits a splendidly glistening white or black sheen. Pearls are known to boost harmony, courage, fearlessness, and stability.
This alluring June birthstone develops into the oceans, lakes, and rivers around the globe. Its magnificent charm never fails to impress beauty lovers. The origin of pearls captured the interest of our ancestors. People from the Middle East used to believe that pearls were teardrops descended from paradise. The Chinese on the other hand had a conception of pearl originating from the brain of a dragon.
These naturals gems develop inside the tissue of a living oyster or a mussel. The process starts as soon as an irritant enters the shell of the mollusk and it, in response, starts to secrete a substance called nacre all around the irritant.
Cultured pearls are an outcome of human intervention where an irritant like a piece of mantle tissue alone or a mother-of-pearl shell bead is manually inserted into a host shell. These pearls are cultivated in saltwater or freshwater pearl farms where the mollusks are washed, guarded against predators, and eventually collected.
Years of peal collection have exhausted natural sources of pearls to a large extent therefore, cultured pearls account for the vast majority of pearls in the market today. These cultured pearl birthstones come in a dazzling variety of sizes, colors, and shapes. The finest of original pearl gemstones are found in the Persian Gulf.
|Other Names||Moti, Mukta, Moktim, Induratna, and Shairatna|
|Ruling Heavenly Body||Moon|
|Mohs’ Scale Hardness||2.5-4.5|
|Can be worn in||White, pink, silver, cream, golden, green, blue, and black.|
|Origin||India, Venezuela and the Persian Gulf|
Benefits of Pearl
- Pearls are known to stimulate purity, humility, and innocence.
- As per ancient Sanskrit text, the Atharvaveda, pearls are said to shower the wearer with long life and prosperity.
- Pearls are also believed to help relieve indigestion and hemorrhages.
- They are thought to be highly beneficial for individuals who are depressed or mentally stressed.
- Pearls help keep the heart strong and healthy with its ability to bestow the wearer with tranquility and strength.
- These gemstones are known to enhance wisdom and instincts.
- Pearls have the ability to provide good fortune and luck.
- They even help maintain harmony in all relationships.
- People working in the advertisement industry, logistics, oil, milk, beverages, sea trade industry, or imports of vegetables are said to highly benefit from pearls.
- Individuals connected with the silver screen, drama, agriculture, cloth, photography studio, sculpting, painting, and writing can also benefit after wearing pearl.
Click here to find out the Astrological benefits of Pearl in detail.
If you are also planning to wear a pearl for astrological purpose, ensure that you do not end up buying a synthetic one. Gem lab certificate is the best way to verify the authenticity of a gemstone. We, at Gempundit, believe in absolute transparency and thus provide a free gem lab certificate with each gemstone. You can have a look at wide collection of beautiful pearls and pearl jewelry available online at GemPundit.