How to wear opal
Published on Mar 25, 2015
OPAL is a beautiful semi precious gemstone and has various astrological and healing properties . It is a gem of beauty, charm, wealth and grace and represents the planet Venus. The unique property that adds to the opal’s sense of mystery and fascination is the stone’s brilliant property of scattering light. The diffraction of light at OPAL’s surface makes it possible for an OPAL stone to create lights of every color from the spectrum when exposed to light from different angles.
Opal as a Substitute
Opal is also worn as a substitute for diamond, however while Diamond is quite a strong stone and may not always show positive effects, in case of opal, the wearer would only experience the positive effects. Opal gemstones are worn as jewelry, in pendants, rings and bracelets and irrespective of a person’s horoscope.
Astrologically, Opal Gemstones with fire are regarded as the most effective.
How to wear an Opal Gemstone?
- Opal can be worn as finger rings/pendants made of silver, platinum, gold/white gold or Panchdhatu.
- The minimum weight of Opal stone should be your Body weight divided by 10, e.g., 60 kg body weight implies at least a 6 carat stone , however , the larger the stone size, the better and faster it will start to show effects.
- Opal gemstone must be worn on Friday morning of Shukla Paksh (waxing moon) in the middle or ring finger of your right hand.
- Before wearing an Opal gemstone, keep it immersed in a bowl having 1 spoon of Curd, Honey, Gangajal, Tulsi leaves and Ghee for 10 minutes. This will activate and cleanse your Opal and remove all its impurities.
- After your regular prayers, take the ring out of this mixture and wash it with pure Gangajal.
- Recite the Mantra ‘Om Shun Shukraye Namah’ 108 times.