How To Wear Blue Sapphire
Publised on Jan 15, 2014
To enhance the positive effects of Shani or Saturn, the Vedic Astrologers often suggest wearing a Blue Sapphire gemstone. This member of the Corundum family of minerals is known for its lustrous bluish hue. Its strong influence coupled with its illustrious beauty often helps it garner a lot of attention. It was cherished by nobles in ancient times for its beauty and divine connect. As per Vedic astrology, it is one of the stronger gemstones, which is capable to promote the positive side of Saturn planet by infusing the attributes like meticulous and logical approach in the wearer. This wonderful stone of protection has remarkable healing powers and the ability to ward off evils and dangers.
Properties Of Blue Sapphire
This gemstone is next only to Diamonds in terms of hardness at 9.0 on Moh's scale. It has a specific gravity of 3.99 to 4.03 and it is mined from igneous rocks. Refractive index of this stone is in between 1.762-1.770 which makes it optically dense. The traces of cobalt present in Blue Sapphire enhance its color naturally. For astrological purposes, it should not have any inclusions or blemishes, so use only best quality of Blue Sapphire gemstone.
Who Can Wear Blue Sapphire?
- Those ascendants having placement of Saturn at weak positions in their horoscope can also benefit from this gemstone as it empowers Saturn and bring about success in their life.
- Since Saturn is the ruling planet for Capricorn and Aquarius, those born under these zodiac signs can wear this auspicious gemstone.
- Blue Sapphire is quite beneficial for the natives of Taurus and Libra to expand their professional horizon and bring them fortunes. In addition to this, those who are born under Gemini and Virgo can also wear a Blue Sapphire Gemstone.
- Those born with number 8 are also benefitted with this gemstone.
- People working in fields like law, export-import, automobiles, cargo, minerals, petroleum, and gas are often advised to wear this gemstone.
How To Wear Blue Sapphire?
- Blue Sapphire can be worn as finger rings made of silver or panchdhatu.
- Blue Sapphire must be worn on Saturday of Krishna Paksha (waning moon) in the middle finger of your right hand, during the sunset.
- To prepare the ring/pendant for wearing, place it at the bottom of a metal bowl and add the following one by one:
1. Ganga Jal
2. Tulsi leaves (Indian Basil)
3. Unboiled cow’s milk
5. Ghee (clarified butter)
- Recite the Shani Mantra "Om Shan Shanishcharay Namah" 108 times to energize the ring.