How To Wear A Turquoise
Published on Oct 20, 2015
In Vedic Astrology, Turquoise or Firoza is a gemstone for those who are born under the zodiac sign of Saggitarius or the Dhanu Rashi . Occasionally it is recommended by the astrologers as a substitute for Yellow Sapphire. It is one of those gemstones which has no side-effects and can be safely worn by any body. A naturally occurring turquoise has a chemical composition of Copper Aluminium Phosphate. It appears in several shades, ranging from lighter shades like sky blue to greyish-green.
How To Wear Turquoise:
The Turquoise gemstone can be worn either as a ring or in a pendant set with silver. If it is set in a ring then it should be worn on either index or the ring finger of the right hand on a Thursday morning during Shukla Paksh before sunrise.
To prepare the ring for wearing, place it at the bottom of a metal bowl and add the following one by one: one:
1. Ganga Jal
2. Tulsi leaves (Indian Basil)
3. Unboiled cow’s milk
5. Ghee (clarified butter)
Recite the following mantra 108 times, to energize the ring
“Om Graam Greem Groom Saha Gurvey Namah”
Keep the ring/pendant for 5-10 minutes in the bowl and it can then be immediately taken out of the bowl and cleaned with water and worn on the index or ring finger of the correct hand.
Characteristics Of A Good Turquoise
1. Color should be the lighter shades of blue
2. The surface should be smooth and in the form of cabochons or beads
3. The color of the gemstone should be uniform and not blotchy
4. The gemstone should be devoid of any kind of irregular matrix in its construction.
1. A high-quality Turquoise should have a clear light blue color and should not have been color treated.
2. If the surface of a genuine turquoise is scratched, it will still reveal the same color.
Turquoise gemstone has been always one of the most popular gemstones which mesmerized humans since ancient times. Even the famous Egyptian Pharoah, Kung Tutankhamen was known to be an admirer of this gemstone. His funeral mask has been gorgeously adorned with different kinds of gemstones including turquoise set in gold. Commonly, it was believed that turquoise helps in warding off evil spirits from the lives and brings joy and happiness in life.
Buy a 100% genuine, untreated and unheated Turquoise only from our website and rest assured of its quality.