How to Care & Clean Yellow Sapphire Stone
Published on Oct 12, 2013
How to Care Yellow Sapphire Stone
Being one of the most demanded and costliest gemstones, the Yellow Sapphire is worn by men and women across the globe. Astrologers and Gemologists suggest people to wear Pukhraj Ratna after considering their sun sign, date of birth, nature and various other factors. People tend to wear this gemstone in their rings, pendants and other various jewelry items continuously to draw the benefits out of it on a regular basis. But when used for a long period, the Pukhraj Stone starts getting dirty with the sweat, dirt, food, and other foreign particles.
How to Care and Clean ?
As Pukhraj Stone is the second hardest material known to the human race, it is least affected by any kind of cleanser and cleaning techniques. Still these are the best way to clean a Yellow Sapphire is:
- Take a soft cloth, preferably a jewelry cleaning cloth and clean the dirt off the gemstone.
- Now, take some lukewarm water and mix some gentle or mild detergent in it.
- For instant cleaning, dip the cleaning cloth into this mixture and wipe the Pukhraj Stone with this cloth.
- For deep cleaning, put the Pukhraj Ratna in this lukewarm water mixed with detergent for 20-30 minutes.
- Now, take a soft tooth brush and scrub gently to remove the stains completely.
- Wipe and dry the gemstone with a soft cleaning cloth and use after it has been dried off properly.
What not to use while cleaning Yellow Sapphire?
While cleaning a Pukhraj Stone, one must use lukewarm water instead of boiling hot water. Liquids containing anti-static agents, abrasives and moisturizers may leave scratches and residue on the metal in which the gemstone is embedded. Most importantly, one should never use chlorine, perfumes and hairsprays on the Pukhraj Ratna as they take away the shine and lustre and make it dull.[Click To Know: Check For Original Yellow Sapphire ]
Browse Yellow Sapphire or Pukhraj