Detailed Properties of Hessonite Gemstone:
The semiprecious gemstone Hessonite is a popular choice for all individuals across the globe. The Gomed Stone comes under the group of Navagraha stones as per the Vedic Astrology.
What are the physical properties of Hessonite ?
- Hessonite Stone is found in different colors such as orange, brown or orangish brown color. Presence of trace elements iron and manganese are responsible for the beautiful shades of the stone.
- The specific gravity of the gemstone is 3.61 and the hardness on Mohs scale ranges from 7 to 7.5.
- Hessonites ranging between the weights 2 to 5 carats are beneficial and are in huge demand.
- Orange Zircon and Spessartite are known to be the astrological substitutesof Hessonite Stone.
- Other Names: Gomed, Gomedhaka, Cinnamon Stone
- Ruling Planet:Rahu
- Moh’s Scale:7 to 7.5
- Specific Gravity: 3.61
- Metal to Wear in:Silver
- Origin:India, Sri Lanka and Africa
Where are the Gomed Stones formed and found?
The gemstone is usually found in limestone deposits or in alluvial deposits around the world. Specifically Hessonite Stones are found in Sri Lanka (earlier Ceylon), India, Brazil, California and parts of Africa. Sri Lanka is well known for producing the finest quality of such gemstones and is in huge demand for their astrological benefits. Hessonite is also referred to as the Cinnamon Stone because of its origin in the land of spices- Ceylon (now Sri Lanka). The stones from India and Africa are quite low in quality however, are chosen for their affordable rates.
What are the Hessonite treatment methodologies ?
Various types of Hessonite treatments are carried out to enhance the quality, shine, color, clarity, transparency, etc of the gemstones. The method is usually carried out in the production stage. However, in case of Hessonites there is no specific treatment performed. Hence, most of the gemstones available in the market are natural.