Blue Sapphire - Birthstone For September
Publised on Nov 22, 2013
A famous poet had said that Beauty is God's handwriting. It may appear in the form of flowers, ancient artefacts, a child's laughter, lush greenery, a deep emotion or as hardened minerals in the form of a gemstone. We find a variety of beautiful gemstones across the globe. Some are known for their lustre, some for their hardness, some for magnificent colour and some for their magical effects. One of such gemstones presented to us by nature is a Blue Sapphire which is known for its royal blue color, supreme hardness, stunning looks and transcendental powers.
|Ruling Planet||SaturnPrimary Gemstone : Blue Sapphire|
|Other Names||Yakoot, Neelam, Shaniratna, Kabood, Shanipriya, Neelaratna, Neelamani and Nelashm|
|Moh's Scale Hardness||9|
|Substitute||Amethyst (Jamunia), Blue Topaz, Blue Spinel|
What is a Blue Sapphire?
Blue Sapphire gemstone is composed of Aluminium Oxide and hails from the family of the mineral Corundum. It is physically strong and has a rating of 9 out of 10 on the Moh's scale of hardness. It has a distinctive violet, purple and green shade and is believed to be finest if it has inky blue or violet shades. Neelam is considered to be the birthstone for people who took birth in the month of September.
1. What are the Astrological benefits of Blue Sapphire?
- Blue Sapphire Gemstone has the power to negate the troublesome effects of Planet Saturn (Shani).
- This magical stone is known to protect its wearer from harm, evil and envy of others.
- To the people who have lost their wealth and home, Blue Sapphire stone miraculously brings the lost assets back.
- Blue Sapphire is said to provide its wearer with mental peace, calmness and satisfaction
- A Blue Sapphire brings prosperity & wealth and lifts the wearer to the heights of success in businesses dealing in coal, iron, law, fuel, jury, oil etc. It is said to provide to its wearer everything that he/she desires.
- Wearing a Neelam stone brings happiness, wealth, longevity and health.
- Neelam helps infertile women be able to conceive a child. It provides heirs and progeny to the people who have lost such hope in lives.
- Medically, a Blue Sapphire is helpful in curing various ailments and is beneficial in healing baldness, mental disorder, virility, deafness, fit, and epilepsy and fainting.
- It ensures the overall health of knees, feet, legs, backbone, shoulders, hair etc.
- It increases the mass influence of its wearer and is very beneficial for people who are engaged in public speaking.