All the matter in this world is connected to each other. The human body works in harmony with celestial bodies of our solar system. Vedic Astrology caters to this consensus, a science originated 4,000 years ago during pre-Vedic civilisation of ancient India. The Jyotish Vidya says that there is a connection between our birth time with the positioning and movement of the planets.
Basic points to remember about Vedic Astrology-
- There are 7 visible and 2 invisible planets in our universe which act upon us throughout our lifetime. Visible Planets – Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn Invisible Planets – Rahu and Ketu
- All the celestial bodies in the universe emit certain energies i.e., magnetic and electric fields.
- Each planet has its own cosmic colour, vibrations, and influence. These attributes play a significant role in an individual’s life.
- The planetary arrangement at the time of a person’s birth can have negative or positive effects on his/her lifetime.
- Gemstones are proven to have similar vibrations, cosmic colour spectrum and energy as that of their corresponding planets which can affect an individual’s life in a similar way. Therefore, they are capable of correcting and balancing planetary setting as the human body reflects and absorbs the rays and vibrations.
There are nine astrological gemstones associated with each planet-
- 1. Sun – Ruby
- 2. Moon - Pearl
- 3. Mars – Red Coral
- 4. Mercury – Emerald
- 5. Jupiter – Yellow Sapphire
- 6. Venus – Diamond
- 7. Saturn – Blue Sapphire
- 8. Rahu – Hessonite and Garnet
- 9. Ketu – Cat’s Eye Chrysoberyl
Attributing a gemstone to an individual requires a thorough knowledge of planetary positioning, its effects on an individual, and what role a particular gemstone will play on that person. These planetary gemstones are further classified as Hot and Cold gemstones.
Hot gems provide with energy and rigour.
Cold gems provide with calm, diplomacy and peace.
|Hot Gemstones||Cold Gemstones|
|Red Coral||Blue Sapphire|
When a gemstone is suggested according to Vedic Astrology, there is a certain protocol to be followed. One of the most crucial things is the finger in which the gemstone will be worn. Every finger is associated with a planet and so it is important to choose the right one.
|Index Finger||Jupiter||Yellow Sapphire, Topaz||Stomach, Respiratory System|
|Middle Finger||Saturn||Blue Sapphire, Hessonite, Cat’s Eye||Brain, Intestines, Liver|
|Ring Finger||Sun, Mars||Ruby, Red Coral, Diamond||Blood Circulation, Heart, Kidneys, Stomach, Respiratory System|
|Little Finger||Mercury, Moon||Emerald, Moonstone, pearl||Legs, Feet, Genitals|