Amethyst - Birthstone for February
Publised on Oct 15,2013
|Hindi Nam||Jamunia, Kathela|
|Ruling Planet||Saturn ( Shani )|
|Signs Ruled||Capricorn ( Makar ), Aquarius ( Kumbh )|
|Metal to Wear in||Silver or Platinum|
With deep research work, it has been proved by Astrologers and Gemologists that gemstones posses healing powers and provides benefits in accordance with the sun sign of the wearer. Amethyst is known as the birthstone for the people who took birth in the month of February. [ Click To Know Amethyst Stone Properties ]
What is an Amethyst?
Amethyst Gemstone gets its name from a Greek word “Amethystos” which means “not drunken”, and was believed that these gemstones protected the wearer from drunkenness. This gemstone is a violet mauve colored variety of quartz. On the Moh’s Scale, an Amethyst gives 7 out of 10 rating in hardness. Its hue varies from light pinking violet to deep purple.
Where can we find Amethyst Stones or Origin?
Mined and extracted from South America, Africa, Soviet Union, Western India, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Uruguay, the best varieties of this gemstone is found in Siberia, Brazil and Far East.
How does Amethyst benefits people born in the month of February?
- In the Roman and Greek period, an Amethyst was believed to ward off the effects of alcohol.
- This gemstone is known to produce magnetic fields just like a human body and increases the energy level of the wearer.
- Further, an Amethyst provides relaxation to the body and nervous system of the wearer.
- Ruled by the planet Uranus, the Amethyst is also known as the zodiac stone for the constellation of Pieces.
- This gemstone provides the wearer with new ideas, spiritual growth, and open channels for the higher self.
- It also cures depression, grief, stress, ineffective communication and emotional despair. Moreover, this gemstone enhances strength and cures insomnia.
Why Gemologists recommend to wear an Amethyst?
As several gemstones provide different benefits to the wearers, Amethysts are known to provide an upturn in financial conditions, love life, comfort and luxuries. As this gemstone relates to the empowerment of concentration, it is beneficial for people dealing with the calculations and research like scholars, mathematicians, doctors, scientists and physicians.